Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Chevy Cruze. The hood ajar switch is not reading that the hood is closed (or open). When I open the hood, I do not get the notification on the dash that the hood is open. My remote start does not work, which I believe is because the computer can't confirm that the hood is closed. I took it to the Chevy dealer and they tested the circuits to the switch and found no faults. They then tested the resistance in the switch and found it has 8.4 OHMS which was "way below spec.". I replaced the latch/switch and nothing has changed. I am wondering if there is an issue with the wiring or a fuse somewhere. Does anyone know more about how this is wired or other things that I should look into?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
I have a 2014 Chevy Cruze. The hood ajar switch is not reading that the hood is closed (or open). When I open the hood, I do not get the notification on the dash that the hood is open. My remote start does not work, which I believe is because the computer can't confirm that the hood is closed. I took it to the Chevy dealer and they tested the circuits to the switch and found no faults. They then tested the resistance in the switch and found it has 8.4 OHMS which was "way below spec.". I replaced the latch/switch and nothing has changed. I am wondering if there is an issue with the wiring or a fuse somewhere. Does anyone know more about how this is wired or other things that I should look into?

Welcome, sorry to hear you’re having issues.

A couple of suggestions, have you tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to see if “rebooting” the BCM helps?

Also, the Gen 1’s have a Special Coverage for the Negative Battery Cable. Many (not all) Gen 1’s had defective Negative Battery Cables that had bad crimps which led to all sorts of electrical gremlins. More info here:

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/25-g...al-coverage-14311-negative-battery-cable.html

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Welcome, sorry to hear you’re having issues.

A couple of suggestions, have you tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to see if “rebooting” the BCM helps?

Also, the Gen 1’s have a Special Coverage for the Negative Battery Cable. Many (not all) Gen 1’s had defective Negative Battery Cables that had bad crimps which led to all sorts of electrical gremlins. More info here:

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/25-g...al-coverage-14311-negative-battery-cable.html

Good luck!
Thanks for the response. I just went out and tried disconnecting the battery and got the same results. Car does not acknowledge if the hood is open or closed. Other ideas?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I was curious why this wasn't a case of false open or false closed. Looking at the schematics, this is an interesting switch. It's either 887 ohms or 887+3.92K (4.8K) to ground depending on the position. Either the dealer read a poor connection to ground, or something is shorting the signal to ground.

I was unable to find any write-up describing diagnostics.

I think it's time to inspect the wiring.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi

hi. same problem, did you get it fixed?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts