Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed Illuminated Door Sills on a Cruze? I am thinking about either the official GM ones or aftermarket sills. The official GM ones only say Chevrolet but the aftermarket ones say Cruze.

GM quotes .5 hours labor to install either non-illuminated or the illuminated ones, so I'm assuming that the wiring is easy. I would love to see the instructions for the GM illuminated sills. Anyone have them they could upload or send me?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I know they're not great pictures. If you'd like I could try to take some better ones. I love the way these look in real life. I wouldn't mind seeing the after market ones with 'Cruze'.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the pictures. MKENC, did you install the sills yourself or did you have the dealer install them.

Here are a couple of pictures of 3rd party sills, they are stick-on kind that press on top of the current sills.

If I'm not mistaken the GM ones actually replace the current door sills and are replacement not stick-on ones. Much more professional looking.

Does anyone have the GM instructions for installing these?

·
Registered
42 Posts
You're right about sills replacing the current ones. The dealer installed mine. Your sills are nice. Good job. Unfortunately, of course, I do not have the instructions.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm not sure about the after market or the Chevrolet since they are dealer installed. I would assume that there is a wire that connects with the door switch.

·
Registered
312 Posts
the Illuminated door sill plates (part number: 96888840)from GM is $439.46........is that really worth it for a illuminated plate?

I wouldn't bother getting it, looks cool tho.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found the stick-on kind on ebay
Door Sill Scuff Plate Chrome LED Chevrolet Cruze Holden - eBay (item 320531839026 end time Jan-07-11 20:38:58 PST)

LED Door sill scuff plates For Chevy Cruze 08-10 - eBay (item 250731716254 end time Jan-22-11 22:22:58 PST)

They are both from China, if you're ok with ordering China parts.
I agree with ChevyPower that the genuine chevy ones are expensive, but they do look cool. The stick-on kind are $50-$60.

I haven't bought any yet but wanted to know how hard it was to wire them in.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I found the stick-on kind on ebay
Door Sill Scuff Plate Chrome LED Chevrolet Cruze Holden - eBay (item 320531839026 end time Jan-07-11 20:38:58 PST)

LED Door sill scuff plates For Chevy Cruze 08-10 - eBay (item 250731716254 end time Jan-22-11 22:22:58 PST)

They are both from China, if you're ok with ordering China parts.
I agree with ChevyPower that the genuine chevy ones are expensive, but they do look cool. The stick-on kind are $50-$60.

I haven't bought any yet but wanted to know how hard it was to wire them in.
$400+ for Genuine but it sure looks amazing! I haven't seen any DIY's or any instruction manuals on wiring this up. I going to assume you have to wire it up to your interior light so when you open the door it lights up with everything else. Then obviously your ground and positive.

Maybe someone with experience doing this can speak up on it???

·
Registered
32 Posts
OEM illuminated sill plates

You can buy the OEM illuminated sill plates from Chevy dealerships online. Has anyone bought these themselves and installed them? Do they stick onto the original threshold or do they come built-in to an entirely new plastic threshold? Can anyone post instructions if they've done this?

·
FI Lunatic
1,379 Posts
Sorry...I ordered mine with my Cruze....figured after spending that kind of $$$, a little more wasn't going to break me up. I asked the dealership about it, and they said it was about a half hour install....cannot be much to it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
still haven't seen any directions on the install of illuminated door sills does anybody have any instructions.

Instructions would be nice. I kinda want some for mine, but I don't know if its worth putting money like this into a lease, and there is no way the wife would ok the dealer to put them in, unless it helped the value of the car.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Something you guys may have missed is that the ones on Ebay mount on the 'painted' sill, and the ones from GM are on the plastic sill. The ones on Ebay, you would have to run the wire into you car under the plastic sill. You will be able to SEE that wire, unless you drill a hole on the metal sill(I would not recommend it). 400 bucks is alot for something like this even though it does look nice.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts