Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 chevy cruze LTZ 1.4L gets this chirping noise usually after its been fully warmed up and the car is stopped. Doesn't matter what gear the car is in, it happens. you do hear the fan going in this video but that does not affect the chipping noise you will hear.
Seams that when i turn the steering wheel a little in any direction it can make it worse.
Water pump has been changed and new belt. Still happening. Deal never hears it when i bring it in. But I've showed them the video.
Any help? Anyone else have this issue?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9AnqmOuHv8

help.... any ideas?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
There's a few threads on chirping. Working from memory:

• It could be a PCV malfunction - try puling the dipstick and see if it goes away. If it does, then that's the problem.
  • Bad seals - aggravated by above.
  • Loose sparkplug. Pop the coil and check the torque.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
In addition to ChevyGuy's response, there have also been dry crankshaft seal chirps.....also go away with dipstick removal (for testing).

Seal replacement ends the concern.

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
That sounds exactly how mine sounded when a spark plug was loose. I would check that first since it is so easy to do.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
18 ft.-lbs or pound feet of torque on the spark plugs, around a hundred with the belt tensioner and should work smooth.

Can remove the belt from the tensioner and with a finely tuned index finger, can rotate all the sheaves for any rough spots, insufficient gaps in the AC compressor clutch been known to cause these problems.

To the good ear, a chirping sound is different than a whistle, taking me longer to type this than to check it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i thought that was the problem too since the housing was leaking so they changed the water pump and new belt. im going in on the 13th for gm to try and figure it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts