Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I have the Cruze 1.4T with automatic transmission.

I noticed when first driving out, especially in cold weather, it seems the AT is very slow and unresponsive in moving through the gears. Sometimes I have to push 3000+ RPM's for several seconds before the AT "decides" to upshift to a higher gear.

Is this normal? Has anyone else observed this in their car?
Thanks

·
Registered
598 Posts
Even the almighty, 90K (USD) 2009 AUDI A8L with a six speed auto and 4.2L V8 shifts "rougher" when cold and holds each gear longer when cold. The engine revs higher when cold. In 2 minutes it, runs fine. By cold, <20 degrees F.

I think it is called "warming" up. :D
RGM

·
Registered
87 Posts
Unfortunately, the experiences you are encountering with cold start conditions and shifting are inherent to the first generation design of the 6T40. Best suggestion is to let the vehicle warm up for 2-5 minutes, which will increase the oil temp in the transmission.

Customer feedback on this issue has been duly noted and is being corrected in next generation.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Well, because we DO care. :)
Its awesome to have you aboard thanks!
What can you tell us about the reflash that is being performed per the TSB. Is this the same parameters that are currently being programmed on production Cruzes? Or is this a unique set of parameters that specifically address customers issues with harsh shifting?

If this is what is currently being built at Lordstown, what was the production cut-off date so people could determine if the reflash would improve their issues?

Is there ongoing work to further refine the TCM program?

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
Unfortunately, the experiences you are encountering with cold start conditions and shifting are inherent to the first generation design of the 6T40. Best suggestion is to let the vehicle warm up for 2-5 minutes, which will increase the oil temp in the transmission.

Customer feedback on this issue has been duly noted and is being corrected in next generation.
SADLY, this issue SHOULD have been noticed in Chevy's FOUR MILLION MILES of "testing"!:mad::mad::mad:

Why should ANYONE have to wait for the "next generation"?

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...and, wasn't 2008 the first generation for the 6T40, when it was first used on the Malibu?

...that'd imply we're already up to the 2nd or 3rd generation 6T40...or, we should be?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.