Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My chevy cruze has been turning off while am driving in town or onthe highway for about two months. I have already taken it to look for the recall and it get the oil changes when its suppose to. Is my car the only one that turns off while driving!!? I have tired tktale it again but they keep procasteding, about it and i work and need another vicle to take to work and to get thigs dkne while its beening looked at. But am i the onlynone that this has happened to..?

·
Administrator
15,614 Posts
This has been reported by about 3 or 4 other members recently, and I'll recommend to you the same thing I recommended to everyone else. First and foremost, contact GM customer support and have a case on file with them. Then, have them work with your dealership directly, and contact you with updates every single week (call them if they don't call you), until they find the problem and see to its resolution. Do not pick up the car until they have found something and taken an action to resolve it. If necessary, demand to speak to a district case manager.

Can you describe any conditions during which the car turned off?

Welcome to CruzeTalk by the way.

·
Administrator
15,614 Posts
im gunna take a guess here and say yet another troll...
I usually like to give people the benefit of the doubt. I'll keep an eye on this thread and see what comes out of it. If the user doesn't respond back within a week, I'll delete it and mark it as spam.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Administrator
15,614 Posts
I think thats a good idea. Since he isn't the only one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App
There's another thread this was report in, and out of the 4 or 5, 3 of those members never came back to report or discuss their issue. That does us absolutely no good, because we don't know if the issue is even real. I'll give the user a week to respond to my post.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
My chevy cruze has been turning off while am driving in town or onthe highway for about two months. I have already taken it to look for the recall and it get the oil changes when its suppose to. Is my car the only one that turns off while driving!!? I have tired tktale it again but they keep procasteding, about it and i work and need another vicle to take to work and to get thigs dkne while its beening looked at. But am i the onlynone that this has happened to..?

Prettyeyes013,
I would like to apologize for the issues that you have experienced with your Cruze. I would like to look into this further for you as well as get a service request open for you. Can you please send me a PM with your name, address, phone number, VIN, current mileage and the name of your dealer? I look forward to hearing back from you as well as assisting you with this issue.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
2 Posts
We had the same issue last week.I was driving it around 50mph and the engine just cut out. I was able to pull off the road and get it started again. In the past and still have had issues where when I go to start it it will turn over and then cut out right away. Had it in before for the stalling issue they did a reset.

·
Administrator
25,090 Posts
Our Dodge Intrepid did this, especially right after refueling. The problem we had was a faulty fuel pump. Take your car in and get the negative battery cable replaced to eliminate this as the cause. Unfortunately there are a lot of reasons a car can stall.

·
5,722 Posts
We had the same issue last week.I was driving it around 50mph and the engine just cut out. I was able to pull off the road and get it started again. In the past and still have had issues where when I go to start it it will turn over and then cut out right away. Had it in before for the stalling issue they did a reset.
Hi Saturnfan,

If you decide to bring your Cruze into the dealership, I would be happy to reach out to them on your behalf. We truly apologize for this concern, and understand how disheartening this may seem. Please feel free to reach out to us in a private message and include your VIN, current mileage, contact information and a preferred dealership.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
2 Posts
chevy cruze turns off while driving

I have had this issue twice in one week with my Chevy Cruze. I have filed a claim and reported it each time and taken the car into the dealership each time. It currently is sitting there and they said they tried to replicate the problem, but of course it didn't do it again. They (GM and the dealership) told me to take it back and they will be putting a device in it to try and take a snap shot of the problem a minute before and after. I hope it happens again so we can come to some sort of resolution. My heart stops everytime, since it's my daily commuter and I have my daughter with me.

·
Premium Member
7,792 Posts
As someone who's life's work is making things work, I can tell you the absolute worst thing is a intermittent. It sucks for the tech because he can't fix something that works It's back for the customer because it's not reliable.

The snapshot device is a good move.

·
5,722 Posts
I have had this issue twice in one week with my Chevy Cruze. I have filed a claim and reported it each time and taken the car into the dealership each time. It currently is sitting there and they said they tried to replicate the problem, but of course it didn't do it again. They (GM and the dealership) told me to take it back and they will be putting a device in it to try and take a snap shot of the problem a minute before and after. I hope it happens again so we can come to some sort of resolution. My heart stops everytime, since it's my daily commuter and I have my daughter with me.
Hi Scruze,

I completely understand how unsettling this may seem, and I'm happy to hear that the dealership is working towards a possible resolution. Feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and the dealership you are currently working with. I would be more than happy to look into this further, and document your concern in a case. Looking forward to your updates!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2014 Chevy Cruze RS Automatic. I was wondering if anyone found a fix to this problem. I have been having this issue for the last 2 weeks now. The first time it started they told me to drive it in to the dealership. When attempting to do so, the car died on me mid traffic and would not start again. I had to get it towed into the dealership. They told me there was nothing they could do since they could not duplicate the problem. I drove the car to the sales department because I wanted to get rid of the car, when we got in to drive to the used car lot the problem happened right there at the dealership. They took the car in that day, ran some diagnostics and ended up replacing the neg cable as I have seen as a recommended action in this thread. I picked the car up today, drove it home no problem, let it sit for about 5 hours and when heading out it shut down while I was leaving my street. Whenever it shuts down, it says to server the Airbag, the Power Steering, and the traction control. Would love some feedback to see if anyone has fixed this issue.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have a 2014 Chevy Cruze RS Automatic. I was wondering if anyone found a fix to this problem. I have been having this issue for the last 2 weeks now. The first time it started they told me to drive it in to the dealership. When attempting to do so, the car died on me mid traffic and would not start again. I had to get it towed into the dealership. They told me there was nothing they could do since they could not duplicate the problem. I drove the car to the sales department because I wanted to get rid of the car, when we got in to drive to the used car lot the problem happened right there at the dealership. They took the car in that day, ran some diagnostics and ended up replacing the neg cable as I have seen as a recommended action in this thread. I picked the car up today, drove it home no problem, let it sit for about 5 hours and when heading out it shut down while I was leaving my street. Whenever it shuts down, it says to server the Airbag, the Power Steering, and the traction control. Would love some feedback to see if anyone has fixed this issue.
wow, most people with these problems are 2011 and 2012 cruze owners, but a 2014,you would think they'd get it right by now

·
5,722 Posts
We're so sorry to hear this, Cruzhero! We've received your private message regarding this issue and will be responding shortly. Again, we apologize for the trouble this has caused, but we look forward to working toward a possible solution. Talk to you soon.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
1 Posts
My daughter's 2013 Chevy Cruz cuts off every other month seems like one time the whole system shut down a tow truck driver came to tow the car and he lifted the cable to the battery and the car cranked but we are now still experiencing the car cutting off on my daughter in heavy traffic I fear for my child's life because this is very dangerous could someone please advise

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2015 ls 1.8l and it has cut off on me twice in the same day but has not done it aging in over a week .once as soon as I cranked it that morning then 25 miles later at a red light I notice the head lights cut off threw a reflection in the car in front of me and that's when I realized it had done it aging.I haven't contacted anyone on this issue yet but I plan to this week .the only other issue I have is its a six speed Manuel and in firs and second I notice it is not as smooth of an excelaration as it should be it almost seams like it is power surging just enof to fill it as I am excelarating threw lower gears. ..how should I go about having this issue looked in to ...keep in mind this is the first New car I have ever bought so I am not acustem. To all the do,sand donts
Thank you in advance.
Also new to any kind of forums so I hope I am doing this right

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2013 Cruze shut off 4 times today while driving and I am just so done with this vehicle. in the last 20000 miles I have had to repair 4-5 things in the engine. I am so done with Chevy and will never buy another if this doesn't get resolved by Chevy. I almost got hit when it shut off.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts