Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well..... My story is 60 manhours later fuel tank out.. Relay check replacement----- Pressure regulator replacement and numerous swearing etc.......

DVLA in the UK issued a recall due to ignition issue that could affect my model.

The problem is under the Battery tray... They never told me what the issue was but mine is now sorted....

This started by cutting out when taking a bend to the right later just continuing with cutouts during driving on motorways. later it would not go above idle,,,,,,,,

What a pain that was All error codes was for fuel pressure regulator faults

·
Registered
1 Posts
I received a notification from GM about a loose battery cable that may cause this sort of problem. It wasn't a recall but they were offering to fix it free of charge. Call your dealer and see if your vehicle is part of this safety bulletin.

·
Registered
1 Posts
no you are not the only one. It happened to me 2 years ego when i purchased the 2013 used LT white cruze, with 32000 miles on it. after 4 days i started having that problem. it was so bad that sometimes i had to wait about 10 to 15 min because it would trun on again after i turn it off. Almost got myself crash because when it happens you have no control.I returned the car and got the silver one 2014with 24000 miles on it. i traded in the silver and got me the 2015 white cruze beginning 2016 with 20000 miles on it. looks like it happen just with the white ones? this november 2016 i had the same problem. it started really slow with majure issues like the radio was going off and on bluetooth disconnected and beginning december 2016 i almost bump a car everthing went off while i was drinving into a curve road 40 miles/ hour . Seriously its a big problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue, my cruze is 2014 standard. I check but there's no recalls for my vin. Tomorrow I'm taking it to the dealer but the issue is very random. I haven't been able to pin point a pattern that triggers the event. Last week I was making 80k/h, thank God it was a streight road. It hasn't happened these few days.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Maybe this was GM's first version of the gas saving start stop feature. Sorry I couldn't resist. I hope everyone finds a solution and no one gets seriously hurt.

i was driving the other night and someone in a cruze was making a right at an intersection and all of the sudden they stopped and put on their emergency flashers and sat there a few minutes but finally got it going and got out of the intersection. Couldn't tell what version of cruze it was but it was a gen 1.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
What was the real deal with this thread? I've never seen another one like it with at least 15 posters who joined just to tell us about their CRUZE "turning off" and never heard from again?

·
Registered
41 Posts
What was the real deal with this thread? I've never seen another one like it with at least 15 posters who joined just to tell us about their CRUZE "turning off" and never heard from again?
The admin should have deleted the thread like he promised.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Engine shuts off while driving

I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze that I bought for my daughter. On two separate occasions (once while she was driving and once while I was driving) the engine shuts off completely while driving. After letting the car sit for 30 minutes, it will restart and drive as if nothing happened. This is absolutely absurd. She is only 16 and is terrified to drive her car now. Can someone please help us.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 chevy cruze stalls

I have a 2014 chevy cruze also and it also stalls out on us when were driving. We have to pull to the side of the road. all lights on the odometer turns on and the middle reads service service bag. My daughter messes with the battery then it decides to turn on again. I would like to know what is going on. We changed out the negative battery cable too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My mom has 2014 Chevy Cruze same issue shut off going down the road. Had every thing in the world done can't find out what is wrong. Hook to a computer it says massive air flow censer. For the people who think this is just people trolling or whatever. That is stupid this is people trying to get help and when they can't get it here what is the use in coming back. I have a friend that had a 2013 same issue. This is a Chevy Cruze problem and they need to get to the bottom of it and issue a massive recall.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2014 chevy cruze stalls

I have a 2014 chevy cruze also and it also stalls out on us when were driving. We have to pull to the side of the road. all lights on the odometer turns on and the middle reads service service bag. My daughter messes with the battery then it decides to turn on again. I would like to know what is going on. We changed out the negative battery cable too.
Same here sometimes we have to mess with the battery cable sometimes we don't have to. My mother is 60yrs old not someone who needs to be stuck on the side of the road had it in and out of the mechanic. Three weeks one time and a month the next. She has spent a fortune changing things out. Started to change the wire harness but the dealer ship ordered the wrong one then wouldn't exchange or give here money back. $400.00. Chevy is a rip off and there dealerships are a rip off.

·
Premium Member
7,777 Posts
Started to change the wire harness but the dealer ship ordered the wrong one then wouldn't exchange or give here money back. $400.00. Chevy is a rip off and there dealerships are a rip off.
I assume it was your mistake, not the dealers. Lots of places won't do returns on electrical stuff.

Two things to look into: the negative battery cable. It's a known issue in the Gen 1. The other one is the ignition relay. Cheap part ($8?), easy to change(in the fuse box) One person here found that was the problem in his car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The piece of __ burned the other night. She got in it to come to my house and before she could get it out of the driveway it started dying. She went to pull it back behind the house and before she could get it there it started smoking out from under the dash or middle console one she wasn't sure where it was coming out. When I got up there (right up the road from my house) we got the fire extinguisher wouldn't work. I'm so glad she didn't get it back behind the house or it would have probably started a fire in house. If anyone has one doing this do not pull it in a garage or anywhere close to your house.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has for my or the dealer we didn't order it the dealer wouldn't let us. He had to get on the phone with the mechanic. Don't matter now.

·
Administrator
25,080 Posts
The piece of __ burned the other night. She got in it to come to my house and before she could get it out of the driveway it started dying. She went to pull it back behind the house and before she could get it there it started smoking out from under the dash or middle console one she wasn't sure where it was coming out. When I got up there (right up the road from my house) we got the fire extinguisher wouldn't work. I'm so glad she didn't get it back behind the house or it would have probably started a fire in house. If anyone has one doing this do not pull it in a garage or anywhere close to your house.
Did the fire extinguisher not work, or did it work but not extinguish the fire? These are two different scenarios. Also, contact your insurance company at this point to get the car declared a total loss due to fire in the engine bay. I suspect you purchased someone else's problem car and your best bet would be to get rid of it, getting as much money out of it as you can.

·
Premium Member
7,777 Posts
Just for reference, fire extinguishers are ineffective against electrical fires unless you disconnect the power. As long as it has power, it will produce heat - enough heat to set things on fire. An extinguisher can deal with what the heat set on fire, but can't stop the heat source.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts