Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
2012 Focus will be built........where?

Is the 2012 Ford Focus being built in the U.S.? :confused: I sure hope so....go Domestics!:)

·
Registered
559 Posts
I believe the Focus will be built in Michigan. They are both great cars with a ton of features. I think the focus has a more youthful appearance, but that grill is a bit over the top. Like the mazda 3s that look like a crazed clown to me. Styling is always subjective, but I like them both.
I like how the comparo had what appears to be a fully optioned Focus, but not so with the Cruze. Also, the Focus photos have obviously had more handwork done to enhance the light shading. Not trying to be a Cruze homer, but just sayin :D.

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
Is the 2012 Ford Focus being built in the U.S.? :confused: I sure hope so....go Domestics!:)
It's a European design. Also it may get built here but it will not have a large domestic parts content.

On a side note I hope Ford brings over the Focus RS to compete with the Cruze SS if it comes out.

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
* Exciting new next-generation Ford Focus gears up for Paris launch of full production-ready range of bodystyles, displayed together for the first time
* Global reveal of new high-performance 250PS Focus ST for 2012 launch
* New Mondeo and C-MAX ranges on show
* Ford accelerates efforts to reduce CO2 emissions with high-efficiency ECOnetic technologies and Electrification feature displays

If priced below 25K They'll have a serious fighter in the ring against the sport compacts.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I like it except for that grill. Another thing to consider is that the Cruze has been around for a year and a half in other parts of the world before coming to the US. Is the redesigned Focus brand new? Might have a few more bugs... who knows.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...for me, the lower-grille and tail-lights are way too "busy" and distracting.

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts

Well yeah most hot hatches are like that. The 18-25 year old crowd likes the busy and exaggerated styling. After my Civic I'm finding myself more interested in classic cars are larger vehicles I guess it's just something most grow out of. I wouldn't turn down a good deal though. Hot hatches were the best bang for your buck before the high output V6's came along.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...I referred to my 1965 Plymouth "fastback" Barracuda as ¾'s of a station wagon!

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
...I referred to my 1965 Plymouth "fastback" Barracuda as ¾'s of a station wagon!
lol I love the way they did the rear. The large glass just does it for me. I saw an all black one at a show with tint and it looked amazing. I imagine the interior hadn't been completely restored yet.

·
Registered
567 Posts
The interior is nice looking. I like it. Just seems strange that the parking brake lever is closer to the driver than the shifter.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I like it. Just seems strange that the parking brake lever is closer to the driver than the shifter.
That was something I could never get used to on a civic.
The lever actually sticks out so far as to touch your leg.
The two level dash never thrilled me either.
The new focus is similar to the Mondeo (I always get Modena and Mondeo mixed up)
which has been ford's large family car in europe since 93. Not a bad piece of kit
they would say over there. If you watched the first?? Craig/Bond film,
bond actually drives a mondeo at the beginning of the film.
Aparently they are going to bring the 245hp st here but not the 300ish hp rs.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I commute on an interstate where Ford quite often drives their latest (or soon to be released) vehicles. The other day a convoy of 6 Focus's (Foci?) sedan and hatchback, drove by and I liked the look of the side and back, but the huge "shark mouth" front grill seemed odd.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
but the huge "shark mouth" front grill seemed odd.
...my first thought was "guppy mouth" grill, especially with that gold color (ha,ha)

...wife said: "...catfish mouth..."

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
The interior is nice looking. I like it. Just seems strange that the parking brake lever is closer to the driver than the shifter.
I like it. It's the same way in my Civic. Flows well for when you need it IMO. I prefer it over the other side like in my G6. Never had any issues with it hitting my leg or anything like another poster had. But that comes with different heights and body types I imagine.

...my first thought was "guppy mouth" grill, especially with that gold color (ha,ha)

...wife said: "...catfish mouth..."
It's the European styling. Works well with younger audiences. Most of their compact hot-hatches are like that. I imagine it's to keep the aggressive styling in junction with their turbo RS model as well which has a good sized FMIC if I remember correctly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts