Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently a US military member stationed in Italy. It has been extremely difficult to locate a chevrolet dealership where I can get my 2012 Cruze repaired. It recently started showing the "A/C OFF ENGINE OVER TEMP" fault. After reading posts from other users, I believe it's just a faulty sensor or thermostat. If anyone could provide help with this issue it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
I answered this on the other thread on this topic "High Engine Temp"

so cut and pasted....here it is again.

This link will point you to any of the Dealers in Italy. I am assuming you speak at least some Italian ( I learned to when I was working there) otherwise you can use Google Translate for this site.

Its a direct link to the needed dealer locator page. I don't know which base you were on to know what part of Italy Specifically so I couldn't narrow it down any better.

For example if you are on Camp Darby where I was, there is a fairly long list of places in Pisa and Livorno before venturing further out to other locations by Clicking on Toscana, then either of those as they are the two closest. For any of the other bases Click on the Region of your base and it will come back with a list of cities and click on the closest city and it provides a list and addresses and phone numbers of every licensed service shop in that town/city.

Concessionarie e Punti Assistenza Chevrolet - Chevrolet Italia

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Wagnerir-

Could you provide what type of engine is in this vehicle? Is this a car that came from the states and was built here or sourced out of Europe?

When the error occurs pop the hood and check the physical temperature of the upper and lower radiator hoses, are they really too hot for the touch?

On the US built 1.4L turbo there are several temperature sensors, and temperature transmitters. The temp gauge in the car is just a voltage sensor I believe, where the Powertrain control module gets it's information is the temperature transmitter.

Vauxhaull Astra's share the same engine, and I think Opel's may as well.

You may be right with a sensor, the question is which one!

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
A bit envious of Italy, same exact latitude as Central Wisconsin, but was using the AC there while using heating here. Also couldn't help but notice the complete lack of any GM vehicles at any vehicle rental space.

Practically all the bases I was stationed at, had a DIY section next to the motor pool, and could always borrow tools and get some help from the motor pool guys.

First sign of an overheated engine is lack of coolant, is your reservoir full? Certainly enough guys posted here with leaking water pumps with other with poor thermostats.

Also have GM reps here that should be able to help you. Overheating can be a very dangerous situation to an aluminum head, plastic manifold engine. But none of us more experience guys are not even close enough to help you.

Could be knowing the defective component, maybe a GM rep could even send you the part you need. Suggest you contact one of the reps on this board.

I started working on vehicles when I was ten years old, so already had quite a bit of experience. Recall one buddy had 16 gummed up hydraulic lifters, got more than 50 volunteers to help clean those, so this job went quick.

Ha, you call that clean? Get down and give me 50. Still keeping in contact with my old buddies, this was over 50 years ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.