Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with the Chevy performance exhaust that can be bought for the 1.4? I currently have a $100 coupon and I'm curious if it's worth it. I'm not looking for a loud sound, but would like the better flowing exhaust for furture work. At $895 would this be worth it?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Nobody on the Forum has got it, Please be the First to get it and let me know how it is and post a video, Also, it Includes a Tune to Increase HP and you must use 91 octane min afterwards... Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with the Chevy performance exhaust that can be bought for the 1.4? I currently have a $100 coupon and I'm curious if it's worth it. I'm not looking for a loud sound, but would like the better flowing exhaust for furture work. At $895 would this be worth it?
Given that it meets GM's durability standards - and does not invalidate your warranty - it's worth some sober consideration.

Also keep in mind that GM spends almost no money marketing it. So you're paying more for the product than you would for an aftermarket piece that is heavily advertised and would have that built into its price.

Reactions: Merc6

·
10,712 Posts
Given that it meets GM's durability standards - and does not invalidate your warranty - it's worth some sober consideration.

Also keep in mind that GM spends almost no money marketing it. So you're paying more for the product than you would for an aftermarket piece that is heavily advertised and would have that built into its price.
If you had 0 plans on ever tuning the car and already use 91 octane, it's a decent kit for the money. Haven't heard it in person so I can't say it's as loud or quieter than just deleting the muffler in the back.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
A friend of mine that works at a chevy dealership installed one on his Cruze. He likes the sound and said it seemed to make his Cruze a little more peppy. It does come with an ECM reflash. I'll see if I can get him to send me a video of the sound.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,884 Posts
It's a Borla catback.
I was wondering who made the system.

Makes sense though; on the Cobalts, Borla made the GMPP catbacks (there were two: Touring and Sport).

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
I was wondering who made the system.

Makes sense though; on the Cobalts, Borla made the GMPP catbacks (there were two: Touring and Sport).
Borla makes all of the Chevrolet performance exhausts.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts