Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is some shots I took tonight of my work that I do. Handwashed it this past weekend and then did my usual follow up this week. Washed and polished the wheels, tires, and wheel wells. The I cleaned the inside out completely. After that, I did my final detail job on the outside with a synthetic ultimate detailer from meguiars. Cleaned the windows with IG cleaner, and I even detailed the engine a little. Touched up all the plastic with mothers Back to black plastic and exterior trim care. This stuff is really something else lol. I hope you all enjoy my photos. Feel free to comment on them. Thanks in advance =]. View attachment 14820 View attachment 14821 View attachment 14822 View attachment 14823 View attachment 14824 View attachment 14825 View attachment 14826

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No my phone is ****. It does better on some days. I think it turned out this way because I gave my 10 month old baby my phone to play with and she probably slobbered all over it and it some of it got on the lens lol. But I do agree =]. And thanks Andrei. Forgot to mention about the picture of my air filter....Got a clean K/N air filter =].

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks ****
Yeah this was the color that won me over the others. I really love how it shines up:).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well rocky87 I offered to do my neighbors back LTZ cruze and she wouldn't let me:(. I told her she would be getting a 200.00 detail job. I don't charge that much....but as good as I am I should charge a little more than what I do haha. I do love getting in my nice clean fresh car:). All that work pays off let me tell ya :)

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you sunline fan:). It practically is brand new lol. Only ten months old. 10k on it

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Washed up the new ECO for the first time today

I don't know about all of you...but for me being as picky and a perfectionist about everything, I hate seeing the effects of a dirty car. Especially when its mine lol. I bought my 2012 Eco yesterday from my dealer, and on my lunch break I figured I would atleast run my car through their touchless carwash. This is a really good carwash btw. Well it had been raining off an on all day since I picked up my car at 9:30 am that day. At lunch hour, it was starting to clear up. I ran my car through the wash just for the **** of it. Not 20 minutes later after that, it started down pouring like you wouldn't believe. My car would of been fine if I didn't have to drive it home in the rain for an hour. In that time, it got so filthy (to me in my vision), I just had to wash it. Today was the perfect day to do just that. So here are some photos of my giving September her bath for the first time of owner her =]. Hope you all enjoy. View attachment 15229 View attachment 15230 View attachment 15227 View attachment 15228

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I seen that. I made a new thread....so these pics should work now on the new thread. Im not sure why they didn't work the first time. The thread title is Washed up the new ECO today by hand for the first time. Hope you all can see them=]

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you:). I been doing stuff on it since 8am this morning lol. Washing it was the last thing I did for the day. Got a big job to do tomorrow.(Sunday).:)

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Robby :). Today she gets a even better pampering. She's getting clayed and waxed:)

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Latest trend is to grind up old tires and mix those in with asphalt with tiny bits of steel still left in that mix. Sticks like crazy to the higher porosity of these newer water based paints like what the Cruze is using. Mineral spirits can be used for the easier ones, but a clay bar for the stubborn ones. Using a double wax job does make it a bit easier the next time.

Road salt in the winter, highway construction in the summer, keeping your car clean is an endless job. What about bugs in your condenser core? Cruze really made this job miserable. Not only cooling problems, but your AC is running at much higher temperatures.

What about road salt killing your lawn? Didn't use to be this way when studded snow tires were used, and concrete is given away to asphalt. Now with old ground up tires with bits of steel in it.

Makes a guy want to throw in the towel. Then the gas we are buying today is also crap. How did Eisenhower managed to built 48,000 miles of new interstate roads for a nickel a gallon gas? Can't even plow the roads today with 55 cents per gallon gas tax.

Back then, minimum wage was a buck per hour, so its seven times more, not eleven and hardly zero new roads to boot. Vehicle population increased by more than a factor of four with 28 times as much as the highway revenue.

Guess what we need is another Eisenhower.

Back then, could also buy a nice looking running car for 150 bucks, today, can't even replace your tire valves for that price.

Not saying America is the worse place to live in, compared to many other countries, but sure isn't the same country I grew up in.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts