Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I stumbled on this URL while looking for something else just now. I don't recall seeing this web page here before, but it is Chevy's BYO page for the 2012 Cruze. I bet this is what will show up when they update the Cruze website for the 2012 model. Anyway, here's the link:

Build Your Own 2012 Cruze | Chevrolet

Go nuts!

P.S. If you select the 2LT model, you can see the new 17" wheels pretty well. There is an enlargement radio button below and to the right of the picture of the car when you select the color. It shows up the wheels nicely.

Jim

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
Funny how the RS package is $695 on the 2LT but only $595 on the LTZ buildout on this link.....or have I just not noticed this before????

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Funny how the RS package is $695 on the 2LT but only $595 on the LTZ buildout on this link.....or have I just not noticed this before????
RS was $695 for both models in '11. I think the difference is the uplevel gauge cluster, which is standard on the LTZ now.

·
Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
I just put together a fully loaded ECO in comparison to mine, and now am trying to find the resale value on my Cruze, lol. Has anyone noticed that KBB doesn't even supply pricing on Cruzes, but has pricing for every other 2011 Chevy model?

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
RS was $695 for both models in '11. I think the difference is the uplevel gauge cluster, which is standard on the LTZ now.
The uplevel instrument cluster was standard on the LTZ for the '11 model year...did you mean standard on the 2LT for 2012? I don't know much about the 2LT's and what was standard on them as I never considered one....:)

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
I have navigation on my phone if i really need it, I just would liked to have had an integrated system that does not use my data plan. . .
Nav isn't a waste as long as the owner doesn't mind paying for it...I got it simply because it made the dash look cool!

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The uplevel instrument cluster was standard on the LTZ for the '11 model year...did you mean standard on the 2LT for 2012? I don't know much about the 2LT's and what was standard on them as I never considered one....:)
I am confuzzeled. The uplevel cluster was part of the RS package on a 2LT in '11. I don't know the reason for the difference now. Possibly a typo in an early version of the '12 BYO. :dizzy:

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
I am confuzzeled. The uplevel cluster was part of the RS package on a 2LT in '11. I don't know the reason for the difference now. Possibly a typo in an early version of the '12 BYO. :dizzy:
You are correct...the uplevel instrument cluster did come with the RS package on lower trims than the LTZ. But the uplevel cluster was standard on the LTZ, whether you got the RS package or not...I'm confused too as to the $100 price difference, unless they are charging $100 extra for it to be included in the price of the RS package on <LTZ trims.:question:

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
I just put together a fully loaded ECO in comparison to mine, and now am trying to find the resale value on my Cruze, lol. Has anyone noticed that KBB doesn't even supply pricing on Cruzes, but has pricing for every other 2011 Chevy model?

It's probably because the Cruze hasn't been out long enough in the US for accurate resale values to be predicted. Calling a dealership is your best bet

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I still don't understand '11 vs. '12 Cruze pricing. I just configured the 2LT I want (black, black leather, RS, factory fogs, automatic, 17" wheels) and the '12 model is $165 less expensive. That's after the '12 price increase. For starters, the '11 bases at $20,925, the '12 bases at $20,605. It gets trickier after that as option content is different between the years. The end result, for me, is the '11 totals at $23,590 and the '12 totals at $23,425. Hey, I'm not complaining. I guess the point is one needs to check both years to see which dollars (and deal) is better. Or, the '12 configurator is not right on pricing.

Jim

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
The gmsupplier discount site gave me the same price to the dollar on a 2011 configured in March, vs an identical one configured 10 minutes ago.

I added on the uplevel paint to the 2011, and guesstimated supplier pricing on the illuminated sill plates and cargo net. The supplier price came up to be MORE than the supplier price I got today from my dealership in writing (on a 2012 that I should be picking up next week). In esscence, my 2012 is working out to be about $200 less expensive than my 2011 would have been.

Like J. Frye, I ain't complaining, but this is confusing.
Nav is $1000 less for 2012
Sunroof is $50 more
The '11 $100 temporal spare is included
RS Package is $$100 less

Dang, I forgot to look at the base price on an LTZ....the rest is confusing enough!

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
I'm sure the Navigation drop is due to lack of interest since it was a $2,000 option, and the screens their using I think changed between years as well. I believe the '12 is a touchscreen now.

·
Registered
395 Posts
The $100 price drop on the RS package for the 2012 LTZ is because fog lamps are now standard on the LTZ. It's still $695 on the 1LT and 2LT

I'm sure the Navigation drop is due to lack of interest since it was a $2,000 option, and the screens their using I think changed between years as well. I believe the '12 is a touchscreen now.
You're correct. The take rate was very, very low for the nav system in 2011, as well it should be for a $1,995 system with no touchscreen. The 2012 system is $995 and is a touchscreen. We just got one in at work and it is a huge improvement all the way around.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts