Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Former Police Supt. Johnson Was Drinking With Woman Who Was Not His Wife Before Being Found Slumped Over In SUV

CHICAGO (CBS) — Former Chicago Police Supt. Eddie Johnson had been out drinking with a woman who was not his wife hours before he was found slumped over the steering wheel in October, sources told CBS 2.
Mayor Lori Lightfoot fired Johnson on Monday, saying he had lied both to her and to the public about the incident – which he initially attributed to a mix-up involving his blood pressure medication.
Johnson had already announced plans to retire at the end of the year, but Lightfoot was visibly furious as she announced that she was firing him, for cause, four weeks early.
“A lie is a lie,” Lightfoot said at a Monday morning news conference. “He told me something that happened that night that turned out to be fundamentally different than what he portrayed to me and what he portrayed to members of the public.”
The mayor said a city Inspector General’s report and video evidence from the investigation make it clear Johnson lied about the circumstances of the incident.

Link for full story

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Loved his work on the Smollett case...the rest of this BS, not so much.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
What do you mean? The charges were dropped?
CPD (correctly) investigated/exposed the matter, charges were filed. IT was the corrupt DA Kim Foxx‘s team that ultimately dropped the charges.

CPD Supt. Eddie Johnson and Mayor Rahm Emanuel (not a fan, but in this case he’s correct) both criticized the dropping of charges as a “...whitewash of justice”.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CPD (correctly) investigated/exposed the matter, charges were filed. IT was the corrupt DA Kim Foxx‘s team that ultimately dropped the charges.

CPD Supt. Eddie Johnson and Mayor Rahm Emanuel (not a fan, but in this case he’s correct) both criticized the dropping of charges as a “...whitewash of justice”.
I recall but why didn't someone else reinstate the charges? Anyone can do it provided they have the $$$. That POS Smollet belongs in prison.
So does that POS Fox, heck practically the whole city of chitcago and springfield for that matter.

·
Registered
490 Posts
"he was found slumped over the steering wheel" - It must be a misunderstanding, he never drove, he is just using his car as a bar! :p

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also heard he was kissing the gal he was with(not his wife)who's a member of his security de-tail. What a low life. This is going to get much better as time goes by.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts