Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
I wouldnt run it. Im not a fan of "chips" they are just computer foolers that make it think its seeing something different and make mor epower. I'd rather get efi live from Fleece performance and have them tune the car.

· Registered
90 Posts
It appears that this is something similar to a bully dog tuner, which works well in Dodge vehicles. CHIP is the name of the company in this case, not the tuning method.

That said, the website appears to be based in the UK, and out vehicles are a bit different than those. I wouldn't buy one unless it was demonstrated that it was both safe and effective on the US Cruze.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Bully dog tuners are not "good tuners" I have taken efi live training classes and the tunes that they use in a nut shell result in add more fuel, bump timing way up and it will create more power. but its not good power. Its someky, the engine doesnt run as smooth and the longevity is affected. CHIPS in general which is what that is and the name of the fools what the computer says. it takes certain values and lowers or raise them to make the computer supply more fuel or raise timing for example. Efi live tunes you can smooth out the fuel maps and make them run way smoother and get rid of ridges in the tunes so the power doesnt plateau or drop off. Efi live cannot be beat in tuning. Also tunes can be customized for each individual vehicle and youre driving habits. bully dog or other tuners whuich just plug in are a mass produced product that works for everyone so they cant accomodate a different trubo or air intake or injectors.

To the OP I would invest in EFI live if youre serious about getting youre diesel tuned up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.