Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Chip Express Tune 200 horsepower 348 ft-lbs of torque

20983 Views 36 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  KpaxFAQ
I was wondering if anyone had used this chip. I'd probably wait until the car was well broken in (like 10,000 kms) before getting one, but I wanted to know if anyone out there had any experience with it? It looks decent and appears that you can set it differently so that you can have more of a conservative tune or run it all the way up to 200 horsepower and 348 ft-lbs of torque. It's expensive, but for 50 horsepower and like 80 ft-lbs of torque, if it didn't cause the car to blow up, it could be worth while. Here is the link to the website.

Diesel Tuning Chip for Chevrolet Cruze 2.0 VCDI 150PS / 110kW / 148bhp

Edit: Also found this chip tune website. Anyone know anything about it? I have looked through the forum but can't seem to find a whole lot of info on tunes for the Cruze diesel.
http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/chevrolet/cruze/cruze./2-0-td-111kw/index.php
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
850 Posts
Oh, okay! So I did actually understand how it worked I was just using improper terminology. When I said "chip" I guess I really meant "handheld tuner/programmer". So it comes with 3 different canned tunes, right? Like it isn't like I have to data log with it, send in the data to a tuner, and get a tuner to create a tune based off of the data, right? It'd basically be buy it, plug it in, select either 30 hp, 40 hp, or 50 hp tune, wait a couple minutes for it to reprogram the ECU, and drive away, right? Or am I still misunderstanding something haha?
So reading isn't your strong suit (j/k :p) but I stated above that I have this tune already. You should check my build thread for details. Might answer some of your questions :)

Link in my signature

· Premium Member
850 Posts
Well, my dealer is very mod friendly. I have had modded cars since 2010 with my dealer, and never once have they tried to check my ECU.

The diesel ECU is encrypted, so there really is no way to hide the tune. You take a gamble with everything you do to your car, from updated suspension, to update stereos, to updated tunes. Chevy has such a good product, I accept the risk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.