Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have enjoyed reading these posts. I have a 2014 TDI and I have installed a ProRacing performance chip and the difference is amazing. The power difference is phenomenal! Cruising Interstate 8 through the mountains the car never downshifts, which I have never been in a car before that did not downshift numerous times. Off the line it is hard to get the tires to stick. Fun car to drive, but the best thing is I get about 63MPH highway (air on or off but windows up) and average about 45 around town.
This box is made in Poland and if he sells any more I will put the link up. The box costs about $140, and plugs into the fuel rail.
Takes about 10 minutes to install correctly.

Karl from Lamp?

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
I have enjoyed reading these posts. I have a 2014 TDI and I have installed a ProRacing performance chip and the difference is amazing. The power difference is phenomenal! Cruising Interstate 8 through the mountains the car never downshifts, which I have never been in a car before that did not downshift numerous times. Off the line it is hard to get the tires to stick. Fun car to drive, but the best thing is I get about 63MPH highway (air on or off but windows up) and average about 45 around town.
This box is made in Poland and if he sells any more I will put the link up. The box costs about $140, and plugs into the fuel rail.
Takes about 10 minutes to install correctly.
I call bull on that. A resister in a box that only temporarily fools a sensor into reading wrong until the system retuned itself to compensate doesn't give you tons of power OR higher mileage. Sorry but people that sell them are scam artists and people that buy them are suckers conned out of their money.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wot 'e said. "Chip" tunes bugger up diesels, making them just drink more distallate without any real performance improvement.

There are real tunes available for diesel vehicles, that don't involve stupid and illegal actions such as deleting DPF and DEF - have a look around whatever country you live in, someone who knows what they are doing will have a re-map available, or a dyno-based tune.
Its stupid to delete your dpf and def fluid because you want a reliable car thats not in the shop every 10k miles?? Keep on driving your ctd to the dealer bro and make sure to vote for Hillary.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.