Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
I had a constant chirp as well, dealer replaced water pump and the birds went away..... I also went back to my stock airbox from Injen 2nd gen intake as well so who knows. good luck

·
Registered
146 Posts
Update: noise is back -_-
If your sprayed wd40 on your belt and the noise went away and after some time the noise came back, we're left to assume the wd40 dried off the belt and so your noise is back. Change your belt, again. And when you get if changed, get the rest of the pulleys checked for tension or anything else that could be damaging your belt.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I just had the belt replaced like 2 months ago since I've had the car in December the following got replaced:
Belt
Tensioner
A/C compresser
Water pump
And today just got the tensioner replaced again and the noise is STILL there... I can't express how I feel about this situation anymore it's driving me crazy.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I just had the belt replaced like 2 months ago since I've had the car in December the following got replaced:
Belt
Tensioner
A/C compresser
Water pump
And today just got the tensioner replaced again and the noise is STILL there... I can't express how I feel about this situation anymore it's driving me crazy.
Hi Jontes,

We recognize this is upsetting and we're sorry this noise has gone unresolved. We're happy to touch base with your dealership to further discuss your concerns and work toward a resolution. Just PM us your VIN and full contact information if we can be of assistance.

Thanks,
Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Belt
Tensioner
A/C compresser
Water pump
Hi Jontes,

We recognize this is upsetting and we're sorry this noise has gone unresolved. We're happy to touch base with your dealership to further discuss your concerns and work toward a resolution. Just PM us your VIN and full contact information if we can be of assistance.

Thanks,
Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thank you amber I will send you my vin asap

·
Registered
271 Posts
You know gates makes some belts with I think graphite in the rubber, I forget what they call them but my minivan is a chirper and that belt all but stopped it, and my motorhome is also a chirper and it's because the guy that owned it before me lived on a island surrounded by salt water and all the pulleys have microscopic pores from the pits caused by the rust and the gates no chirp belt didn't help--are you in a rusty area ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had a engine chirp noise about a week after installing new spark plugs. I work at a Chevy dealership so on lunch a service advisor buddy of mine helped me regap my spark plugs. One of them was loose, I also checked the inside of the coil pack boots and two of the four springs weren't completely straight. The two springs were stuck right on the edge of the inside of the boot so I took a screwdriver and got them unstuck and sticking straight out. Once the plugs were regapped and tightened I haven't heard a chirp since. I highly advise checking your plugs, you need a T30 male bit to take the coil pack off and some sort of 5/8" spark plug wrench or 6" extension deep socket 5/8" to tighten them or take out and check your gaps as well but that's a different story. Make sure you unplug the coil pack first, simply pull orange tab out (not completely) then use the push down tab to pull out electric connector connecting it together again when finished. It took all of 10 minutes to do and haven't heard a chirp since. Make sure you get those springs sticking straight out, you'll know what I'm talking about unless all four are stuck. There is a hole they come out of in order to reach the spark plugs and sometimes they get stuck on the inner edge of the hole not coming all the way out. Make them come out with a screwdriver it takes little to no force.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
im super late to getting back to this for updating, but just to let you guys know the noise is now GONE. its been maybe 2 months now

cause: intake manifold; a valve was missing inside of it causing so much air coming in it and producing a squeak/chirp noise.
intake manifold was replaced with new one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
im having the same noise on a 2011 cruze already replaced waterpump belt belt tensioner alternator and ballancer with no change checked pcv system for fail in valve cover to no avail im at wits end currently waiting for a/c compressor then ill try belts with less tension it seems as if when we physically hold tension off the belt by placing the reverse torques socket with ratchet as if removing belt the noise goes away so its related ..... I will not stop until i fix this noise for my customer

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our 2014 Cruze had a chirping noise coming from the crank seal when the engine warmed up. We were also getting diagnostic codes for a bad MAP sensor. Turns out the PCV was bad. This was evidenced by a 10 inHg vacuum reading at the dipstick port. The PCV is integrated into the valve cover so we replaced the valve cover and PCV. The vacuum reading on the crankcase dropped to near 0 inHg and the crank seal is as quiet as new. We’re gonna watch for a leak at the front crank seal; however, for now all seems good.

BTW, you don’t need a vacuum guage to test this issue. If the noise disappears when you pull the dipstick that is a good indicator that the PCV is not working properly.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts