Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So started hearing a chirp noise under the hood near the belt. I know I must replace the head gasket/PCV but can anyone tell me this noise here's a video

·
Conservative Acoustic Foam
1,028 Posts
No video.

More than likely if it's near the belt, then it IS the belt. What you're likely hearing is friction between the belt and the pulley(s), either because the belt is worn, or the tension is not at the correct spec.

·
Conservative Acoustic Foam
1,028 Posts
Easiest thing is upload it to youtube then link to the video.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2014 Cruz has the same problem. I have already replaced the belt and have the same sound. I only hear it when the air conditioning is running but it doesn't appear to be coming from the compressor. I am not positive but it is very annoying. We have already asked Chevrolet to look into the problem but they said they did not hear it while the car was in for service.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Just to add, we had a chirping noise and it turned out to be a loose spark plug.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,002 Posts
My 2014 Cruz has the same problem. I have already replaced the belt and have the same sound. I only hear it when the air conditioning is running but it doesn't appear to be coming from the compressor. I am not positive but it is very annoying. We have already asked Chevrolet to look into the problem but they said they did not hear it while the car was in for service.
Serpentine tensioner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts