Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2012 LT RS with 129,xxx it now has 167,xxx. I’ve had to replace almost everything in the car. 2 turbos, water pump, thermostat, transmission, valve cover, spark plugs(4ish months ago), a few sensors, and probably other things. It’s always had oil changes at Chevy every 6,000. Anyway, last Thursday I had an oil change and tire rotation everything was fine until I drove to work today(Monday). As I was getting off the highway I noticed a chirping/ whistle noise when accelerating. Had my mom come to my job and drive it to see if she noticed anything and now it’s chirping when idling not when accelerating but that could change as I drive home. It also jerks forward while at a stop light while idling. Any suggestions what it might be? I took out the dip stick to see if that changed it and it still chirps. I really can’t afford to keep fixing this car every 3-4 months.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Look for oil leaks around the front crank seal - if do you detect an oil leak around the front crank seal look at the PCV as the culprit (meaning the seal is likely not bad). A bad PCV will cause the seal to weep a bit and the whistle could be air escaping the crank. Also look at the exhaust pipe in the rear as you'll be running rich and there will be soot out the back of the exhaust; if you have a scanner that shows fuel trims, the trims will be high.

·
Premium Member
8,011 Posts
Another cause of a chirp is loose sparkplugs. Just be careful about removing the coil pack that you don't tear the boots.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought my 2012 LT RS with 129,xxx it now has 167,xxx. I’ve had to replace almost everything in the car. 2 turbos, water pump, thermostat, transmission, valve cover, spark plugs(4ish months ago), a few sensors, and probably other things. It’s always had oil changes at Chevy every 6,000. Anyway, last Thursday I had an oil change and tire rotation everything was fine until I drove to work today(Monday). As I was getting off the highway I noticed a chirping/ whistle noise when accelerating. Had my mom come to my job and drive it to see if she noticed anything and now it’s chirping when idling not when accelerating but that could change as I drive home. It also jerks forward while at a stop light while idling. Any suggestions what it might be? I took out the dip stick to see if that changed it and it still chirps. I really can’t afford to keep fixing this car every 3-4 months.
Pull the dipstick out AT IDLE to see if noise stops. If so you have a crankshaft seal air leak caused by PCV valve in intake manifold

1 - 5 of 5 Posts