Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: I've purchased and installed these handles. Installation post available on page 3 of this thread.

I have a 2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel and am interested in buying the chrome accented door handles. Not the full chrome. The ones I'm referring to have the vehicle body color with a chrome strip on the face of the handle. I've seen them on a few Cruze's so far. Has anyone done this or know if I'll be able to buy OEM parts to do this?

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, you can buy the OEM parts to do this. Each set of door handles has their own OEM part number, depending on color.
Good news! My parts department isn't open today unfortunately. I'm off next Friday so I'll go see them and hopefully they can get them in for me! I'll update this thread with pictures if/when I get it done.
Thanks for the reply.

·
Super Moderator
7,844 Posts
I think they're a part of the LTZ trim sold in Canada.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's right. You only want to order the "optional" ones, not the actual LTZ handles.
Yes, my friends dad has a new 2015 Cruze and that's when I got a closer look at the handles and noticed the button on them for the unlock. I'll be sure to specify this at the parts department.

they are $112 for the full set on Chevy's website, it shows for a '15, but they should be the same, I believe
That's not bad, I was expecting more to be honest. It'll be a nice little touch. I want to upgrade them mainly because my driver's door handle was damaged when I got the car, the dealer paid to have it painted. It was painted twice. The first time looked awful, wasn't even the right shade of red. The second time was a bit better, but still a noticeable difference. I gave up and just took my car and left, lol.

·
Premium Member
8,012 Posts
I want to upgrade them mainly because my driver's door handle was damaged when I got the car, the dealer paid to have it painted. It was painted twice. The first time looked awful, wasn't even the right shade of red. The second time was a bit better, but still a noticeable difference. I gave up and just took my car and left, lol.
And being the driver's door, you see it every time you get into your car. That sucks.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And being the driver's door, you see it every time you get into your car. That sucks.
Exactly! It's not even the rear door or anything. And to top it all off, about 5 months after I decided to take the car home after getting it painted, it looks like someone opened their door into my door and it chipped off a bit of the new paint they had put on. I was steaming, lool. I park at the back of parking lots now when I can.

·
10,712 Posts
T20 is what you want, the instructions said a different screw driver unless they changed after 2011. You buy in a 8 piece set not by handle. Find your 3 letter color code(GAZ Summit white GAR Black Granite Metallic for example) and order them that way. I'll say do this with windows down in the event you screw up. The screw needs to be turned until handles come off and stop. You never at any point remove a single screw in install. 1st door will take you 19 mins then 4 mins for the rest of the doors after you figure out you were scared the 1st time.

·
Premium Member
4,156 Posts
The drivers door handle on my 2012 CDX has a hole for the key lock. On my Cruze this is the RHS, so yours should obviously be LHS.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Super Moderator
7,844 Posts
I was looking at them here:

Door Handles landing page

Seems like a pretty good mod. Thanks for bringing it up.

Any idea how to do the install?

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was looking at them here:

Door Handles landing page

Seems like a pretty good mod. Thanks for bringing it up.

Any idea how to do the install?
Well from the other posts they're talking about a screw. I was under the impression the entire door needed to be disassembled. Maybe not? I'll probably just see if I can find a tutorial video on YouTube or something.

·
Super Moderator
7,844 Posts
Well from the other posts they're talking about a screw. I was under the impression the entire door needed to be disassembled. Maybe not? I'll probably just see if I can find a tutorial video on YouTube or something.
Let us know. Honestly, this is a mod that I'd consider doing.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Let us know. Honestly, this is a mod that I'd consider doing.
Just found a tutorial. Looks very easy. This is an installation for a different handle style, but it looks like installation is universal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FjnDCzTGmE

I'll most certainly update this thread when I get this done. If they have the parts in stock, it'll be this weekend!

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
The tutorial is useful.
If you are installing the Chevrolet optional handles though there is no need to modify the plastic piece that is cut with scissors in the tutorial.
Also, the piece replaces the cover for the lock is a snap on part, there is no screw involved.

Rob

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.