Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: I've purchased and installed these handles. Installation post available on page 3 of this thread.

I have a 2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel and am interested in buying the chrome accented door handles. Not the full chrome. The ones I'm referring to have the vehicle body color with a chrome strip on the face of the handle. I've seen them on a few Cruze's so far. Has anyone done this or know if I'll be able to buy OEM parts to do this?

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, you can buy the OEM parts to do this. Each set of door handles has their own OEM part number, depending on color.
Good news! My parts department isn't open today unfortunately. I'm off next Friday so I'll go see them and hopefully they can get them in for me! I'll update this thread with pictures if/when I get it done.
Thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's right. You only want to order the "optional" ones, not the actual LTZ handles.
Yes, my friends dad has a new 2015 Cruze and that's when I got a closer look at the handles and noticed the button on them for the unlock. I'll be sure to specify this at the parts department.

they are $112 for the full set on Chevy's website, it shows for a '15, but they should be the same, I believe
That's not bad, I was expecting more to be honest. It'll be a nice little touch. I want to upgrade them mainly because my driver's door handle was damaged when I got the car, the dealer paid to have it painted. It was painted twice. The first time looked awful, wasn't even the right shade of red. The second time was a bit better, but still a noticeable difference. I gave up and just took my car and left, lol.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And being the driver's door, you see it every time you get into your car. That sucks.
Exactly! It's not even the rear door or anything. And to top it all off, about 5 months after I decided to take the car home after getting it painted, it looks like someone opened their door into my door and it chipped off a bit of the new paint they had put on. I was steaming, lool. I park at the back of parking lots now when I can.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was looking at them here:

Door Handles landing page

Seems like a pretty good mod. Thanks for bringing it up.

Any idea how to do the install?
Well from the other posts they're talking about a screw. I was under the impression the entire door needed to be disassembled. Maybe not? I'll probably just see if I can find a tutorial video on YouTube or something.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Let us know. Honestly, this is a mod that I'd consider doing.
Just found a tutorial. Looks very easy. This is an installation for a different handle style, but it looks like installation is universal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FjnDCzTGmE

I'll most certainly update this thread when I get this done. If they have the parts in stock, it'll be this weekend!

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Looking good Merc! Just ordered mine from the dealer. My car is the Crystal Red Tintcoat, which they didn't have in stock. They'll be in on Wednesday. I should have some time then to install them so look forward to some pics!

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
The handles came in today and got them installed no problem! Had to do a bit of troubleshooting on my own as the video didn't explain every little thing to watch out for to ensure you're fitting the parts in properly as to not damage them if you force too hard. Fear not however, as I shall explain as best I can in this post!

Contents of box
Packing materials Plastic wrap Material property Box Packaging and labeling

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Instruction manual (which I didn't even read. Video tutorial was pretty straight forward)
Text Paper Font Document Paper product

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Full set of handles and end caps including a single lock cover for driver side door.
Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle Bumper part

Stock handles on 2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - Crystal Red Tint Coat
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Vehicle door

After opening the driver side door and taking off the black round grommet, this is the screw you're presented with. If you don't have the proper screwdriver to fit this screw, a flathead may be an option if you find the right one. If you do not have the correct screwdriver for this job, make sure your flathead fits snugly enough that you aren't going to grind up the screw head trying to take it out.

Turn this screw while pulling and releasing the handle on the door. Once the handle sticks out a bit, keep turning until it sticks out further and feels loose. Continue turning the screw and begin pulling on the end cap next to the handle. Apply a fair amount of pulling pressure on the end cap while turning the screw. You should eventually feel the end cap start to loosen and eventually it will slide out. When it starts sliding out stop turning the screw.
Red Auto part Wheel

The shiny object to the right inside the hole is the screw. When you pull out the end cap (or lock piece if you have one on your driver's side door), examine this screw. If you can see about this much of the screw, you're fine to take the screwdriver out. If you cannot see the screw you probably have turned it too much and it is a good idea to tighten it back a bit to ensure it won't fall out of the hole. Complete this step for each of the handles. Each handle has the same process.
Red Door handle Vehicle door Automotive exterior Bumper

Here is the proper screwdriver required for the job. Luckily I happened to have one laying around.
Finger Hand Thumb

Now begins the installation of your new handles. Just as you took them out, the handle must slide in first and then the end cap can be inserted. The picture below is a misaligned door handle. The door handle must be slid forward as far as possible to ensure the end cap can slide back into place properly. You can see the handle is set in too far.
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Car Door handle

The picture below is how to properly align the door handle so the end cap can slide in properly. You can see the door handle is set out further than the above picture. Begin tightening the screw now while applying a light amount of pressure on the end cap or lock piece. Keep turning and the handle will eventually jump 2 times back in to it's original position. Continue turning until the screw is snug. Do not over-tighten.
Gun Automotive exterior Bumper Trigger Auto part

End result. So shiny!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Red Alloy wheel

Very nice.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Chevrolet cruze

I like it.
Vehicle door Vehicle Red Car Door handle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.