Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
10,713 Posts
Same video I used. As Robby said, no modifications needed to fit. Find the smallest flat head and slowly pry or you can break the tab on the lock cover. The plugs are easy to get off and remember stop turning the screw when the 2 pieces are ready to come out.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Looking good Merc! Just ordered mine from the dealer. My car is the Crystal Red Tintcoat, which they didn't have in stock. They'll be in on Wednesday. I should have some time then to install them so look forward to some pics!

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
The handles came in today and got them installed no problem! Had to do a bit of troubleshooting on my own as the video didn't explain every little thing to watch out for to ensure you're fitting the parts in properly as to not damage them if you force too hard. Fear not however, as I shall explain as best I can in this post!

Contents of box
20150819_183017.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Instruction manual (which I didn't even read. Video tutorial was pretty straight forward)
20150819_183029.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Full set of handles and end caps including a single lock cover for driver side door.
20150819_183330.jpg

Stock handles on 2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - Crystal Red Tint Coat
20150819_183503.jpg

After opening the driver side door and taking off the black round grommet, this is the screw you're presented with. If you don't have the proper screwdriver to fit this screw, a flathead may be an option if you find the right one. If you do not have the correct screwdriver for this job, make sure your flathead fits snugly enough that you aren't going to grind up the screw head trying to take it out.

Turn this screw while pulling and releasing the handle on the door. Once the handle sticks out a bit, keep turning until it sticks out further and feels loose. Continue turning the screw and begin pulling on the end cap next to the handle. Apply a fair amount of pulling pressure on the end cap while turning the screw. You should eventually feel the end cap start to loosen and eventually it will slide out. When it starts sliding out stop turning the screw.
20150819_184436.jpg

The shiny object to the right inside the hole is the screw. When you pull out the end cap (or lock piece if you have one on your driver's side door), examine this screw. If you can see about this much of the screw, you're fine to take the screwdriver out. If you cannot see the screw you probably have turned it too much and it is a good idea to tighten it back a bit to ensure it won't fall out of the hole. Complete this step for each of the handles. Each handle has the same process.
20150819_184454.jpg

Here is the proper screwdriver required for the job. Luckily I happened to have one laying around.
20150819_184523.jpg

Now begins the installation of your new handles. Just as you took them out, the handle must slide in first and then the end cap can be inserted. The picture below is a misaligned door handle. The door handle must be slid forward as far as possible to ensure the end cap can slide back into place properly. You can see the handle is set in too far.
20150819_185417.jpg

The picture below is how to properly align the door handle so the end cap can slide in properly. You can see the door handle is set out further than the above picture. Begin tightening the screw now while applying a light amount of pressure on the end cap or lock piece. Keep turning and the handle will eventually jump 2 times back in to it's original position. Continue turning until the screw is snug. Do not over-tighten.
20150819_185439.jpg

End result. So shiny!
20150819_190123.jpg

Very nice.
20150819_190139.jpg

I like it.
20150819_190200.jpg

·
10,713 Posts
T20 is the right screw driver/bit but the instructions included says T25 which is larger than the actual screw. 2011 may have different screws since even the actual LTZ handles went through a change in 12. That T20 also comes in handy for bumper removal and separating the silver from the black on the steering wheel trim.

·
10,713 Posts
anybody with a white cruze want to swap handles?? I have the ones with the chrome strip, and I want the monochromatic look.
You may be better off making a want to buy thread in the link below. Which reminds me I need to sell the handles in post #22 eventually.

Cruze Parts

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Looks awesome! I added the upgraded handles about a year ago. I love them. I think they add a nice touch.

Unfortunately, they don't sell them in Champagne Silver Metallic. There's not even a part number available for that color. I bought them in Silver Ice Metallic and then painted them the right color. I might have the only Champagne Silver 1LT Cruze with the chrome stripe handles.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts