Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2016 Chevy Cruze Limited LT
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to cover the chrome, inside and out, and wanted recommendations on film, spray, plastidip or any other options out there.

Smoke lenes for tail and head lights?
Interior trim?
Kick panels (door panels?)

Trying to keep the color uniform throughout except trim, thinking of adding teal to the mix.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

· Registered
101 Posts
You can can buy heat shrink film/vinyls at your local auto stores. In my experience these look/last the longest. You can also go plasti dip but it's just messy and too much tape for just a chrome delete. keep on cruzin'!

· Registered
2017 LT RS Sedan
140 Posts
With vinyl you probably don't need to pop off the chrome trim. Most people stick the vinyl onto the trim piece, press it down with a squeegee, seal with a heat gun/hair dryer, and then carefully excise the edges with a razor.
But if the geometry is really tricky then maybe you should pop it off... what piece in the front are you trying to cover?

· Registered
2016 Chevy Cruze Limited LT
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With vinyl you probably don't need to pop off the chrome trim. Most people stick the vinyl onto the trim piece, press it down with a squeegee, seal with a heat gun/hair dryer, and then carefully excise the edges with a razor.
But if the geometry is really tricky then maybe you should pop it off... what piece in the front are you trying to cover?
The fog light chrome, looks tricky.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

· Registered
2017 LT RS Sedan
140 Posts
Why not spray paint it then? That would hold up better against rocks and dirt than vinyl and plastidip, and less chance of screwing it up if you tape everything off.

It may be possible to remove that bezel piece so you can carefully wrap it (or paint it!) separately. Heres an example for removing the gen2 bezel: How-To: Gen 2 Fog Light Bezel Removal | Chevrolet Cruze Forums (cruzetalk.com) . Maybe play around underneath the bumper to see if you can remove it the same way...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.