Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get those chrome strips under the window and on the trunk but in the color black?? I tried plasti dip and that stuff is so inconsistent texture wise plus isn't durable, and I'm too **** chicken to sand/paint them myself.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Order the strips for a LS......those are black.....you'll also need the LS triangular piece for each side behind the rear doors.

Stop at a dealer and look at a LS to see what I mean.

Rob
Who exactly sells them? I can't find anything on the web

·
Registered
481 Posts
After you check one out. You can find them on gmpartsdirect, not gonna find much better price than here for OEM parts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still can't find any even on GM Parts Direct. Do they not sell the trim in black or even at this point ill buy chrome ones and paint them black myself. This is ridiculous.. I spent 4 hours yesterday trying to plasti dip them but they were so uneven texture wise and the plasti dip didn't seem to cover a lot of spots even though I used a full can on it.

·
Premium Member
7,796 Posts
I still can't find any even on GM Parts Direct.
I can find it, but can't tell if it's chrome or painted. From what I'm reading, the parts catalog on GM Parts Direct is a third party thing, which is why you have to confirm the part number with them before ordering.

It might be worth calling to see they can figure it out and get you the right part.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can find it, but can't tell if it's chrome or painted. From what I'm reading, the parts catalog on GM Parts Direct is a third party thing, which is why you have to confirm the part number with them before ordering.

It might be worth calling to see they can figure it out and get you the right part.
Ok thanks

·
Premium Member
7,796 Posts
Oh, and from the photos I saw, the piece isn't black - is the same color as the car. I'm not sure if they can be ordered pre-painted.

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
The year specific thing may be the answer.

Earlier LS versions had the chrome trim....it was changed in 2014.
So the 2014/2015 side trims are black.....fitment is the same.

Rob

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The year specific thing may be the answer.

Earlier LS versions had the chrome trim....it was changed in 2014.
So the 2014/2015 side trims are black.....fitment is the same.

Rob
Yea my car is a 2012 LS 1.8L and it has the chrome which is why I want black because I saw a 2013 LS and 2014 LS with black.

·
Premium Member
7,796 Posts
I tried '14 and '15. Same thing. Only difference is a different part number if you've got the rear view camera.

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
I agree......the trunk bar remains chrome on all versions....LS to LTZ.....My responses are related to the upper door trim strips.

Rob

·
Premium Member
7,796 Posts
I agree......the trunk bar remains chrome on all versions....LS to LTZ.....My responses are related to the upper door trim strips.
Ahhhh. And the photos I was looking at were for Cruzes in other countries - like the one for Chile found on Wikipedia.

Went looking for pieces for a 2014 window. Success!

BODY HARDWARE / FRONT DOOR / EXTERIOR TRIM
BODY HARDWARE / REAR DOOR / EXTERIOR TRIM
BODY HARDWARE / QUARTER PANEL / EXTERIOR TRIM

Item #1 in each case.

Choice of "black" and "bright finish". I found both looking under LTZ.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ahhhh. And the photos I was looking at were for Cruzes in other countries - like the one for Chile found on Wikipedia.

Went looking for pieces for a 2014 window. Success!

BODY HARDWARE / FRONT DOOR / EXTERIOR TRIM
BODY HARDWARE / REAR DOOR / EXTERIOR TRIM
BODY HARDWARE / QUARTER PANEL / EXTERIOR TRIM

Item #1 in each case.

Choice of "black" and "bright finish". I found both looking under LTZ.
You sir deserve a pat on the back! Thank you!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts