Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the forum and couldn`t find anything so I`m thinking this really IS impossible. But has anyone found a way to clean the trunk liner in our cars? I have a 2014 2LT, but I think they all use the same material. Kinda like the fuzzy part of Velcro that has the same effect on dirt/debris. I tried to use a good Shop-Vac but to no avail the dirt is still there. Do I need to find the secret? Thanks, Jeff.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,167 Posts
I use a good stiff bristle brush and a vacuum. After that last piece of straw or whatever is out, I recommend you put in a good trunk liner. There are usually plenty for sale on the forum for a decent price. Either Weather Tech or Husky will do, but I prefer Husky.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I also prefer a brush. If you're careful you can remove the trunk liner with most of the leaves and stuff still on it. Pull it out horizontally. Turn it vertical so that it's up and down, hold it with one hand, while brushing with the other. Brushes right off..

I agree trying to clean this trunk mat with a vacuum while it's in the car is more difficult than it should be.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, looks like the secret is to use a brush to knock it loose, then suck it up. When I get some time I will try it and let you know how it works. Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, couple of weeks ago, I took the scrubbrush that I use for the tires and went over it small section by small section then I followed up with my Shop-vac and it turned out pretty good. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.