1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 LT 1.8L, Automatic, 58k miles,
Trinidad & Tobago, RHD

I've got the engine light on giving code: P0171

1. My 2012 Cruze Eco (South Korea) is making a distinct click/clunk sound when I accelerate and decelerate which seems to be coming from under the car. Most times its a single click when I accelerate/decelerate but sometimes I'll get two clicks. This sound also occurs the first time I shift the car into Reverse from Park/Drive. Bit difficult to hear it in this video but it occurs multiple times as I slow/go:
2. Every time I press or release the brake, I can hear a whirring sound from the engine bay for maybe 2-3 seconds. This sound occurs both when the engine is on or off. Almost sounds like a really loud fish-tank water pump.

If anyone can help give me an idea of anything to look for before/when I take the car to the mechanic, that would be awesome. Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Took it into a mechanic earlier who then asked me to come in next Saturday to have the car checked out properly. Will update if we find out what the cause of the issue is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was able to find the source of the issue main issue. Seems like I've got some bad wear and tear in the differential. Sucks that the mechanic that I had inspect my car before purchase didn't pick up on that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts