Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i can hear a clicking noise in my air vents when i turn my heater on. I can only hear it when its on low. Wondering if i need the dealer to fix it or if i can.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
To clarify, the noise is occurring all the time and not just when switching the vent flaps? From floor to defrost for example. And it only happens when the heat is on or when the fan is blowing in general? Either way, if it's under warranty I wouldn't mess with it and let them do it. If it isn't, someone here may be able to walk you through some things to check. Maybe something is making contact with the fan.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Hi all i can hear a clicking noise in my air vents when i turn my heater on. I can only hear it when its on low. Wondering if i need the dealer to fix it or if i can.
there are little motors with gear drive that move the doors, most likely one that is stripped an its the teeth slipping that you hear. common on GMs changed many at work.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
If it's there all the time, I'd pull your cabin air filter. There might be some junk in there touching the fan. I doubt if that would be covered by any warranty, so you'd want to make sure it's not that before taking it in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts