Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I’m back with another concern, so just the other day I stepped out of the car while it was running and noticed it’s making a ticking sound, like the ticking you hear when you shut your car off and everything’s cooling down, I have a 2017 Cruze if that means anything. Just wanna know if maybe I have heat shield loose or if I need to take it in ASAP, I notice it doesn’t do it right away when I start the car but after a while, Like when I remote start my car I don’t hear it. It’s really cold where I live right now, could that have something to do with it?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Where is the sound coming from? Like did you walk around the car, poke your head under the hood etc?
It's hard to say unless you give us a little more info.

·
Registered
830 Posts
While my car is running still?
Yes, if you just stopped after a drive there's less hot exhaust going through the system so it'll start to cool from natural convection

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where is the sound coming from? Like did you walk around the car, poke your head under the hood etc?
It's hard to say unless you give us a little more info.
It sounds like it’s coming from all over the car which is why I’m thinking it’s the exhaust cooling down like the others said

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,479 Posts
Please shoot a video. You can attach Youtube links straight into a post here.

My exhaust makes ticking/popping noises while running though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts