Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will apologize off the bat I don't know too much about cars. However I don't think this was normal. Last night my wife's battery died in her escape and we were trying to jump it with my 2011 cruze lt. I noticed after the car had been on for a few minutes and the hood was up that the engine was making a clicking noise. It's was a fast repeated click click click click. My father in law mentioned that it didn't sound good. Is this a normal noise? The car is driving fine so I'm not too concerned at this moment.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Administrator
25,483 Posts
If it's what I think it is it's the lifters. Every GM I've owned has done this.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Meaning it's normal right? I don't know if oil has anything to do with this but I just changed the oil about 2500 miles ago. I put in the dexcos oil. Oil life remaining is 67 %

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,800 Posts
The injectors on the Cruze are super, super noisy (as are all Bosch injectors).

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
^^^ This is how mine sounded day 1 with just a hair over 1 mile on her.. To this day the tone has not changed, still sounds the exact same. Well except for the sound of the intake and turbine from the dp..

But for the OP, yes everything is normal nothing to worry about..

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
bdauzy,

Do you plan to have your Chevrolet dealership look into this for you? Please do not hesitate to reach out to us as well.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
316 Posts
almost every modern car, especially those with Direct injection tick. The cruze is barely audible with the hood closed from outside and not at all inside the car. The only time i can really hear mine is with the hood up. Its perfectly normal as others said.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Every car that I've owned that has vvt ( variable valve timing) witch the cruze does will make a ticket sound my cruze with the 1.8 does the same thing. You have nothing to worry about now if it was louder and more harsh I would say maybe a flat spot on one of the cams or possibly rod knock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I OWN A 2012 and it's been having a loud rattle , bog and check engine light on. Sometimes it's all at once and sometimes it's just the bog and rattle no check engine light. I have had it checked and changed the noc sensor and purge valve and no changes to the issue at hand. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem and maybe can provide some input to help me out please.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,800 Posts
How is this engine so calm no vibrations at all ??? Maybe mine is leaking air etc.
AC compressor will cause some mild vibration if it's on at idle, but yeah, not normal for it to shake much. The motor mounts are pretty good about dealing with it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts