Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Cruze's VIN was on the black list and is in for the axle shaft recall, but being that I need a car, they gave me a rental for the duration of the time it is with them.
10153067_773465419332715_1190900101383241753_n.jpg
THIS is what they gave me! A Scion iQ. Actually pretty happy with it and loving the mileage of that CVT... and the fact that it weighs about as much as my neighbours dog..... that can't hurt mileage either. Inside the materials are cheap feeling but functional. Seats while lacking in lumbar support are surprisingly comfortable, but again the cloth isn't as nice as that inside our Cruzen. The touchscreen is... nice, but for most functions you have to use a button anyways so why they bothered with a touchscreen is beyond me. Space wise, it is actually very spacious inside if you pretend the back "seat" isn't meant for use by people. Power is not bad and with a little pedal she will chirp a bit, but the CVT is much too conservative from a stop and without far too much pedal won't get moving too quickly. It's also very loud in spite of being tiny. The real downfall for me is the suspension which is just not ok. Throwing it into corners at 40 that I take in my Cruze comfortably at 50 and she almost barrel rolls off the road. In fact, it seems that it maintains the bumpy ride of a stiff system AND the rolling of a soft system which is just plain bad.... but it doesn't even pretend to be a sports car. Even the S mode on the shifter is called Super-Drive NOT Sport Mode. So all in all for what it is its a nice little car, and I love this colour. Anyways.... not much of a review but thats all I got for it. Can't wait to have my Cruze back... and once it comes back my tune should be here and then the REAL fun begins! Coming up from a 1.3 to a tuned 1.4T will be like trading in a Camry for a Fighter Jet.

·
Premium Member
5,002 Posts
I just want to pinch it lol

Be safe out there man.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,309 Posts
Wow. I would demand another rental. And I've had some crappy rentals (Neons, Corollas, that kinda thing).

A handful of those IQ's were on the lot when we went to look at the Camry - and I kid you not, that entire car is as long as the trunk/rear seat of the Camry.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It would literally fit in the trunk of my parent's Equinox. But the mileage is fantastic and as long as you don't take it out on the highway (scary at high speeds... and again: suspension bad) it is actually quite nice. I'm hard on it because it is so much less car than the Cruze but for what it is I couldn't have gotten a better car. It was this or a Toyota Matrix.... I liked the colour on the iQ better. That was really the deciding factor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts