Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen some posts that sound similar to what im experiencing, but due to my limited knowledge, I don't know if its the same issue. So I thought I would post. Here goes...please help!

There is a clunking coming from under the driver side floorboard that sounds and feels like something is hitting underneath. At first i only noticed it in the colder months, but now it's summertime in maryland and very hot and humid and i am definitely hearing it, although not as loud, definitely still as frequent. Frequent being about 50% or more of the time i am coming to a stop, and also about the same frequency when making turns (right or left). The last time it was cold it was very loud and would sometimes sound like whatever it was was almost bouncing off whatever it's hitting against. Now that it's hotter, i don't hear the "bouncing off" sound and it's not near as loud.

I took it to my uncle (mechanic) who was advised by a person at a GM dealer that GM is aware of the problem but doesnt know what it is. He told my uncle that sometimes loosening...(i don't know what to call it)...something...that allowed everything to drop down, then he retightened everything and the guy said sometimes that takes care of it. It did not. I apologize for my terrible description of what my uncle did, but he was at a loss also (other than what he did) and obviously what he did didn't work. Any educated guesses are greatly appreciated!

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,556 Posts
Do you hear any rattling over bumps or uneven road at very low speeds?

I had something similar happen with bad strut mounts - a 2011/early 12 production defect. Some owners with higher mileage have had to replace theirs as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. I can only hear the noise during turning and breaking and it varies with how loud it is and it doesn't happen every time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's consistently much louder in the colder months. It also seems more frequent. The fact that now I'm hearing it when it's warm makes me think whatever it is is getting worse. The strange thing is I don't notice a single change in how the car handles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts