Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,284 Posts
Welcome How many miles? My first inclination would possibly be shocks are worn. I noticed the same on my 2012 with @ 78K on it. I replaced the shocks and the car handles/reacts to non smooth roads. Granted the suspension is already pretty tight but none the less the shock still do wear out. Most people don't think twice about them because they get used to the ride.
Just my 2 cent worth.

·
Super Moderator
5,284 Posts
That's a lot of money for a strut, IMO shop around.

Rob

I agree entirely with Robby. When I first started looking at shocks/struts for my cars(my Cruze and 2005 Malibu) lots of places were up 1300+ for all 4. Then I found a Goodyear service center(downtown Cincinnati not corporate owned but Goodyear dealer) that did the job for @$800 including an alignment for all 4. The corporate owned shops(Goodyear, Michel, etc.) wanted the 1300+. IMO the corporate owned places tend to have the idea we can work on your car and you can't so we can charge what we want look for a trusted mechanic that can do the work and you will get a good price! I must say best money I have spent on my car since I bought.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts