Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new here. My 2011 cruze has has a clunking noise whenever I go over potholes, ice, etc. Pretty much anything other than smooth roads cause it to clunk. The noise is coming from the front passenger side. Any info on this and a possible fix would be appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Mechanic says it's a strut. He says it is perfectly safe to drive, and would need an alignment after the new strut is installed. The quote is $600-700 for labor+parts. How hard is it to install a new strut? Should I try it at home?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
88k miles.
Welcome How many miles? My first inclination would possibly be shocks are worn. I noticed the same on my 2012 with @ 78K on it. I replaced the shocks and the car handles/reacts to non smooth roads. Granted the suspension is already pretty tight but none the less the shock still do wear out. Most people don't think twice about them because they get used to the ride.
Just my 2 cent worth.

1 - 3 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.