·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Black Automotive wheel system Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Tire Automotive design

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Automotive exterior

Hello Everyone,

I have a 2013 eco with a 6 speed manual. I got the clutch replaced a few months back and have had some issues since. The latest being that the clutch pedal is staying on the floor and the car has leaked a bunch of brake fluid from the system.

I found that the elbow actuator cylinder has complete come off so the leak was quick to diagnose.

I haven’t found much info on replacing just the elbow but have found the part online.

Does anyone have any details on if and how this can be done?
I have included some pictures that might help show what I’m talking about.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
View attachment 298085
View attachment 298086
View attachment 298087
Hello Everyone,

I have a 2013 eco with a 6 speed manual. I got the clutch replaced a few months back and have had some issues since. The latest being that the clutch pedal is staying on the floor and the car has leaked a bunch of brake fluid from the system.

I found that the elbow actuator cylinder has complete come off so the leak was quick to diagnose.

I haven’t found much info on replacing just the elbow but have found the part online.

Thanks a lot!
View attachment 298085
View attachment 298086
View attachment 298087
Hello Everyone,

Thanks a lot!
well, I went ahead pushed the actuator (separated collar and all) back into the slave cylinder until it clicked. It took topping off the brake fluid and bleeding from the valve on the T to get any push back from the clutch pedal. It is hardly pushing the clutch enough to allow mr e to shift gears but it is working and once I use it for awhile the clutch tightens up a bit more and improves shifting.
Based on some other posts I assume the problem will eventually be with my slave cylinder and is difficult to swap out. If anyone loses all clutch pedal pressure and finds their actuator dangling - I hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts