Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet Cruze LT RS
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

That may sounds weird but let me explain.

I've been driving manual since my first car but with the Cruze I can't figure out if the car is the problem or if it's me. I have a 2017 Cruze. It's like I don't know how to shift. I'd say 1/2 times I feel like a beginner when shifting gear. And don't think of going from 1 to 2 quickly or it will grind. As of right now I want to change the car for an automatic trans. I'll go with a Spark if I have to.

I read somewhere that is a "feature". RPM hang or something like that.

Someone feeling the same? Any advice?

Thank you!

UPDATE :
If you don't want to read all, because why would you do that, here's the parts needed to delete the CDV and the accumulator.

GM 55352050 (Gen 1 elbow without the CDV)
McLeod 139160 (x2) (clutch line connectors)
McLeod 139100-42 or 139100-36 (would be long enough)(clutch line)

Thanks to Billy at McLeod Racing for taking care of my order.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Honestly, your best option to eliminate rev hang would be to get an engine tune. I drive the Diesel version of the car so I don't know a whole lot, but there are engine tunes available for gasoline engines for a moderate cost. That might smooth out your driving experience. It's worth asking the tuning companies about your problem to see if what they offer can help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
How is the over all shifter feel? Is it sloppy or when you put it in 1st and l let go of the shifter does it float back near center?

The bushings on the end of your shifter cable and transmission might be worn-out.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I bought the car brand new. The shifter feels the same as day one. Speaking of the shifter I find it noisy. I feel the gears. It always felt that way. I was wondering if an oil change could help.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,805 Posts
The M32 is just a junk execution of a manual transmission. I owned one in my Gen 1, and it's worse in the Gen 2, so I went to an automatic.

In the Gen 2, the clutch is numb, throws are vague and clunky, the gear spacing is massive (old Eco gearing from Gen 1) and doesn't work well with the powerband of the LE2 that is sleepy below 2000 RPM, and the rev hang/heavy flywheel don't help matters much either.

There's not much a tune does for rev hang either, btw.

Things that DID help on the Gen 1, though:
-Clutch delay valve delete
-Clutch accumulator bypass (the two of these help with that stupid 1-2 grind)
-Amsoil 75w-90 transmission fluid

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thank you all for your time and answers.

I'm starting to think that what's bugging me the most may be the clutch delay valve. Is it a complicated task to remove it?

And why is it there in the first place? Any downside to remove it?

UPDATE : I found a thread about just that

·
Registered
2nd 2012 1.8l mt 147000km
461 Posts
The CDV is a... Hmmm. Limits flow so clutch is softer, takes longer to disengage engage clutch.

Rev hang I've only experienced in a NA engine, but generally it's about letting off the gas and letting the drivetrain consume the excess power, before or just as( keeping it smooth) putting the clutch in as the rpms platoe.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like the parts have already been replaced when they did the TSB PIP5558C on the car last year... It felt great when it got repaired but, at this moment, the car behave the same way as before the repair.

·
Registered
32 Posts
First Gen also have both the CDV and accumulator, at least my 03/11 does. I'm the second owner and have been thinking about the delete myself although spirited driving is not my usual operating method.

Been meaning to visit a junk yard to see if its possible to just bypass the accumulator rather than rebuilding it, but its low on the priority list for me.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,805 Posts
First Gen also have both the CDV and accumulator, at least my 03/11 does. I'm the second owner and have been thinking about the delete myself although spirited driving is not my usual operating method.

Been meaning to visit a junk yard to see if its possible to just bypass the accumulator rather than rebuilding it, but its low on the priority list for me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not to hijack the post, but that's the one that requires rebuilding the accumulator. I want to remove it completely and replace it with a length of high pressure tube not messing with that thing on the firewall at all. I have a double flange tubing kit from when I had to replace all the Brake lines on a Geo Metro.

I will say that the Cruze is the easiest standard to shift without the clutch that I have ever owned or maybe I've just gotten better over time.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts