Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Clutch delay valve & accumulator delete on gen 2

1726 Views 37 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  JosQuelqu1
Hi,

That may sounds weird but let me explain.

I've been driving manual since my first car but with the Cruze I can't figure out if the car is the problem or if it's me. I have a 2017 Cruze. It's like I don't know how to shift. I'd say 1/2 times I feel like a beginner when shifting gear. And don't think of going from 1 to 2 quickly or it will grind. As of right now I want to change the car for an automatic trans. I'll go with a Spark if I have to.

I read somewhere that is a "feature". RPM hang or something like that.

Someone feeling the same? Any advice?

Thank you!

UPDATE :
If you don't want to read all, because why would you do that, here's the parts needed to delete the CDV and the accumulator.

GM 55352050 (Gen 1 elbow without the CDV)
McLeod 139160 (x2) (clutch line connectors)
McLeod 139100-42 or 139100-36 (would be long enough)(clutch line)

Thanks to Billy at McLeod Racing for taking care of my order.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
First Gen also have both the CDV and accumulator, at least my 03/11 does. I'm the second owner and have been thinking about the delete myself although spirited driving is not my usual operating method.

Been meaning to visit a junk yard to see if its possible to just bypass the accumulator rather than rebuilding it, but its low on the priority list for me.

· Registered
35 Posts
Not to hijack the post, but that's the one that requires rebuilding the accumulator. I want to remove it completely and replace it with a length of high pressure tube not messing with that thing on the firewall at all. I have a double flange tubing kit from when I had to replace all the Brake lines on a Geo Metro.

I will say that the Cruze is the easiest standard to shift without the clutch that I have ever owned or maybe I've just gotten better over time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts