Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2017 Chevrolet Cruze LT RS
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

That may sounds weird but let me explain.

I've been driving manual since my first car but with the Cruze I can't figure out if the car is the problem or if it's me. I have a 2017 Cruze. It's like I don't know how to shift. I'd say 1/2 times I feel like a beginner when shifting gear. And don't think of going from 1 to 2 quickly or it will grind. As of right now I want to change the car for an automatic trans. I'll go with a Spark if I have to.

I read somewhere that is a "feature". RPM hang or something like that.

Someone feeling the same? Any advice?

Thank you!

UPDATE :
If you don't want to read all, because why would you do that, here's the parts needed to delete the CDV and the accumulator.

GM 55352050 (Gen 1 elbow without the CDV)
McLeod 139160 (x2) (clutch line connectors)
McLeod 139100-42 or 139100-36 (would be long enough)(clutch line)

Thanks to Billy at McLeod Racing for taking care of my order.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I bought the car brand new. The shifter feels the same as day one. Speaking of the shifter I find it noisy. I feel the gears. It always felt that way. I was wondering if an oil change could help.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thank you all for your time and answers.

I'm starting to think that what's bugging me the most may be the clutch delay valve. Is it a complicated task to remove it?

And why is it there in the first place? Any downside to remove it?

UPDATE : I found a thread about just that

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like the parts have already been replaced when they did the TSB PIP5558C on the car last year... It felt great when it got repaired but, at this moment, the car behave the same way as before the repair.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
That's exactly my problem. This is why I'm thinking of putting the gen 1 accumulator in place and installing the bypass kit.

What is the perfection clutch??

Thank you for your time

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Oh my god... I won't get into that. Looks like it's a big job and the master cylinder from gen 1 doesn't have the same angle.

Is there a way to fabricate a clutch line myself? If I can fit the gen 1 accumulator it would be perfect. The issu is the gen 2 master cylinder have a female connector so I need to find those connectors.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
It was simple for de CDV. I replaced the part for a gen 1 instead which doesn't come with the CDV built in. Plug and play.

For the accumulator it is indeed added to the line. It would work if the line was long enough. I have a gap to fill when I remove it. I cannot stretch the line and it is shaped to follow a path in the engine bay.

Thank you

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
Maybe I can add the gen 1 line. It would be like : master cylinder, gen 1 line, gen 1 accumulator, gen 2 line, gen 1 elbow.

Do you think it will cause a problem?

Or maybe the gen 1 line is longer and I won't need all of this stuff.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts