Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Clutch delay valve & accumulator delete on gen 2

1184 37
Hi,

That may sounds weird but let me explain.

I've been driving manual since my first car but with the Cruze I can't figure out if the car is the problem or if it's me. I have a 2017 Cruze. It's like I don't know how to shift. I'd say 1/2 times I feel like a beginner when shifting gear. And don't think of going from 1 to 2 quickly or it will grind. As of right now I want to change the car for an automatic trans. I'll go with a Spark if I have to.

I read somewhere that is a "feature". RPM hang or something like that.

Someone feeling the same? Any advice?

Thank you!

UPDATE :
If you don't want to read all, because why would you do that, here's the parts needed to delete the CDV and the accumulator.

GM 55352050 (Gen 1 elbow without the CDV)
McLeod 139160 (x2) (clutch line connectors)
McLeod 139100-42 or 139100-36 (would be long enough)(clutch line)

Thanks to Billy at McLeod Racing for taking care of my order.
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2nd 2012 1.8l mt 147000km
461 Posts
i look through rock auto's cataloge to cross refrence, going from multiple years to different generations... some times different cars like the sonic, or buick verano

perfection clutch all metal unit, can only find it for the gen 1 though, gen 2 doesn't have any listed

·
Registered
461 Posts

so this may be the accumulator for the gen 2 if so it looks like one could get away with deleting it, but for piece of mind a new pipe section would need to be fabricated

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet Cruze LT RS
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
That's exactly my problem. This is why I'm thinking of putting the gen 1 accumulator in place and installing the bypass kit.

What is the perfection clutch??

Thank you for your time

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Oh my god... I won't get into that. Looks like it's a big job and the master cylinder from gen 1 doesn't have the same angle.

Is there a way to fabricate a clutch line myself? If I can fit the gen 1 accumulator it would be perfect. The issu is the gen 2 master cylinder have a female connector so I need to find those connectors.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yeah mutilation of a gm line for said flare nuts ( white plastic with o ring) and then do it how ya want. As for finding the little things that aren't on rock auto it's either the u pull scrap yard, or dealer ship. Now anything I've ordered throught the dealership as back ordered has only been out for 4 days at the most.

Honestly in the pictures of the gen 1 or 2 the accumulator is added on in line. Least I believe so. So simply pulling the metal clip and taking the accumulator off and assembling the line into the master. Like you would with removing the delay valve at the tranny

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
It was simple for de CDV. I replaced the part for a gen 1 instead which doesn't come with the CDV built in. Plug and play.

For the accumulator it is indeed added to the line. It would work if the line was long enough. I have a gap to fill when I remove it. I cannot stretch the line and it is shaped to follow a path in the engine bay.

Thank you

·
Registered
461 Posts
It was simple for de CDV. I replaced the part for a gen 1 instead which doesn't come with the CDV built in. Plug and play.

For the accumulator it is indeed added to the line. It would work if the line was long enough. I have a gap to fill when I remove it. I cannot stretch the line and it is shaped to follow a path in the engine bay.

Thank you
Okay,

snitzel

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
Maybe I can add the gen 1 line. It would be like : master cylinder, gen 1 line, gen 1 accumulator, gen 2 line, gen 1 elbow.

Do you think it will cause a problem?

Or maybe the gen 1 line is longer and I won't need all of this stuff.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Ok! Here is the parts numbers:
connectors 139160 (x2)
clutch line 139100-42 (42 is the length of the line, I think 36 may be enough but I went with a little extra)

You can order directly with McLeod Racing (I called). I also saw their parts on Summit Racing.

Can't wait to try it! I'll get back to you when it will be installed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
FREEDOM!!!

So I did the swap. It feels way better. The clutch is more responsive. It still grinding going from 1 to 2 quickly but at least I can get the gear in now.

The 36in line would be long enough. Mine is 42 and I can go around the whole engine bay.

Attachments

21 - 38 of 38 Posts