Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently had my Cruze in the dealer for the clutch slave cylinder repair (pedal was slow to return and felt very spongey). Before I took it in, the clutch would start to engage and move the vehicle when the pedal was about halfway up from the floor. After having it repaired, the pedal is smooth and firm, but the clutch doesn't seem to engage until 3/4 of the way off the floor, maybe even more. If you've ever driven an older vehicle with a cable clutch that has never been adjusted and had a worn out clutch, it feels similar to that, where the clutch engages at the top of pedal travel. I have not noticed any slipping.

My first thought was that maybe it hasn't been bled correctly, but if that were the case, the clutch pedal would probably feel soft/spongy. But its nice and firm. So idk if I'm being picky, or I'm just used to driving it 45k miles with a bad slave cylinder?

I would take it back to the dealership, but it took 8 months, 3 trips to the dealer and getting the BQM and Warranty involved just to get them to do the repair. I don't want to go back unless I have to.

So my question to those with manual trans cruzes, where does your clutch start to engage in pedal travel? Halfway, or more towards the top?

· Registered
355 Posts
Missed this post earlier, sorry no reply.

I just had my clutch system repaired, all the way from the release bearing (necessitated because it's integral with the failed part, the slave cylinder) to the master cylinder. The bite point is now way at the top & the pedal doesn't have any free play at all. Wondering if this is a problem. Will call the service advisor / tech tomorrow, but maybe someone knows.

· Registered
104 Posts
Resurrecting an older thread..
Hi everyone, my clutch pedal needs to go 'to the metal' for any gear change to happen.
The 'biting point' is so far down to the floor it's annoying, and getting worse by the day to be able to properly disengage.
I need to adjust the clutch pedal position, away from the master cylinder / accumulator.
Does anyone know how to do this? I have Gen1 (2013) 1.4L.

· Registered
2016 Cruze Limited
32 Posts
Resurrecting an older thread..
Hi everyone, my clutch pedal needs to go 'to the metal' for any gear change to happen.
The 'biting point' is so far down to the floor it's annoying, and getting worse by the day to be able to properly disengage.
I need to adjust the clutch pedal position, away from the master cylinder / accumulator.
Does anyone know how to do this? I have Gen1 (2013) 1.4L.
Sounds to me like you may have a leak anywhere from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder. I'm not familiar with the Cruze clutch but I imagine there should be a bleed valve where the hydraulic line connects to the slave cylinder nipple. Bleed it the same way you would your brakes.

Edit: Found a guide here.

It's generally not possible to adjust pedal position or clutch engagement point. Just make sure the system is bled of air.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts