Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I took my 2011 cruze eco manual to the dealer on three or four separate occasions for problems with shifting gears. On the third time they replaced the entire transmission but after a month or so I am still having an ongoing clutch drag or gear sychronizer issue. The car is now out of power train warranty since January but I brought my car to the dealer with gear shifting problem last year already which they did not fix. When they replaced the transmission 2 months ago they made sure I knew that they were doing me a huge favor with it being just out of warranty. [Insert eyeroll here]

Now heres the problem. The dealer thinks I'm absolutely nuts because they "can't find anything wrong with the car" and they seem to think I have no idea how to drive manual.

The problem is so bad I can't even get into first gear sometimes and the cars performance is horrific.

How should I go about dealing with the dealer? They think I'm crazy but I'm not. They are so quick to say "we can't find anything wrong with your car."

Should I contact the head office? I need any advice I can get. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
You must take the car to the dealer WHILE it is displaying the problem and road test it with a mechanic........otherwise you will go nowhere.

Rob

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
You must take the car to the dealer WHILE it is displaying the problem and road test it with a mechanic........otherwise you will go nowhere.

Rob
I'm assuming you have the service tickets where you tried to get this fixed under warranty. If so, take those in as well and contact our Chevy Customer Care account here to see if you can get a warranty extension for this. This will only work if you have the service tickets where you were complaining about the clutch drag.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts