Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, The dreaded clutch change is dwelling upon me as mine started to slip a lot. Looking for help as to what parts everyone reccomends for flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, slave cylinder and the pilot bushing. I’ve searched the site and found little about people who have actually done it and have results long term. My car is tuned by trifecta and has larger wheels and tires. I’ve looked at the jegs gm performance which seems to be okay but I am also looking at the clutch masters kit. Part of me just can’t justify spending $1100 on A new flywheel and clutch not including fluids or anything as I’ll be replacing the oil pan gasket too. Really appreciate any feedback on people who’ve done both. Also does it matter if you get the 216mm or 228mm so long as you match the flywheel to the pressure plate and friction disc? Thanks everyone

·
Registered
17 Posts
I can’t answer about parts choices, but when my transmission went, it was just under $1500 for the clutch kit, used transmission, synchromesh fluid, and associated labor. I used a small independent shop. I guess they “cleaned up” the flywheel instead of replacing. I’m coming up on 60k miles since the replacement, and the clutch still feels great. Might be worth shopping around for prices

1 - 2 of 2 Posts