Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 Chevy Cruze 1lt is the first manual car I've ever owned/driven on a daily basis. When I first bought the car I didn't know what a clutch and changing gears was supposed to feel like. I love driving manual but I seem to be having clutch issues says most people that drive my car. Me and my machanic went to bleed my clutch one night and we noticed the cap was leaking. I don't who else has experience with doing this job but our bleeder caps are plastic. We didn't make much of it and I noticed a slight difference after he bled it but not much. My issue is that when I shift into gear my clutch feels like it's knuckling. Sometimes it doesn't even want to go into gear and I have to sit there and keep trying until I get it to go in. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and is replacing the clutch slave cylinder going to fix this issue or is it a deeper issue with my actual flywheel and clutch. I asked my friend who has a Cruze as well and he's owned many manuals before and says the Cruze is easily the best clutch he's owned. He said it was like cutting butter with a hot knife when he shifts. That is last thing I would to describe my clutch. Not as bad in first and second gear. My guess is because I use the two gears the most as much of my daily driving is usually around town. Not much highway driving. Please let me know if you guys can help me out with this issue. Much appreciated. Also the car is 55,000 miles.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Slave is miserable to replace, no problems with my Cruze clutch yet, knock on wood, but did have problems with the master cylinder on my old 04 Cavalier, lost all free play. These are easy to replace.

Feel my old Honda clutches were the best, strictly mechanical, had a clicker wheel under the hood, when free play became less, just give it a couple of clicks. Even had an arrow on it telling you when the clutch had to be replaced.

Hydraulics like your front brake calipers are inherently self adjustable. Telltale signs of a worn clutch is suddenly, have no free play left. Parking brake on the Cruze is also self adjustable, really don't like self adjustments, when they go bad, instead of rotating a nut, have to replace the whole darn thing.

In trying to make vehicles less maintenance free, making it a hail of a lot more expensive to maintain.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts