Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling my car, and i'm pulling the twin disc and detuning it before i sell it.

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/34-1-4l-turbo/3926-cruze-sonic-custom-twin-disc-clutch-pictures.html

is whats forsale. Currently has 14k miles on it.

Mods required to run this clutch is a custom tune from Vince that
1)deactivates the clutch interlock
2)raises idle to 1100 rpm (minimum) although 1500 would be less noisy.

you'll also need a clutch stop. I will show you how i built mine so that it does not require modification of any parts on the car, its easy to install and easy to remove. (other than being upside down on your head under the dash)

This setup sells for $1600 new, asking $1000

NOTICE!!! this is a VERY aggressive clutch setup. Being unsprung it is noisy, if you like a perfectly quite car then this setup is not for you. The typical twin disc clutch rattle is there and very noticable. You will get asked if your car is a diesel or if the engine is "okay". The kevlar is finally getting broken in and is starting to squeak which is normal for this sort of setup but can be heard on clutch engagement.

The positives on this clutch is that the engine revs REALLY fast, you will spend a great deal of time in the 4k range and won't even knotice it. My over all gas mileage after 14k miles with the clutch is 36mpg. You will see an increase in mileage on the freeway, but you'll quickly lose it in town because its so rev happy. Its a trade off.

Trap speed increases at 1000 ft show this mod to be worth about 3mph, which is worth about 30 HP.

This is a unique addition to any cruze/sonic and it needs a new home. Will be pulling the unit out this weekend or early next week.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha.. yeah its such a odd piece. Not horribly concerned about how fast it sells :) don't need the money, just want to find it another home.

After my recent car steering itself incident (stupid electric steering) and the fuel pump dying but the dealership refusing to fix because there was no fault code. I'm done with GM. I'll go back to my toyota/lexus brands as i've had 2 decades of good luck with them.

/gives GM the finger.. and with a smile on my face as well.

·
Administrator
15,754 Posts
haha.. yeah its such a odd piece. Not horribly concerned about how fast it sells :) don't need the money, just want to find it another home.

After my recent car steering itself incident (stupid electric steering) and the fuel pump dying but the dealership refusing to fix because there was no fault code. I'm done with GM. I'll go back to my toyota/lexus brands as i've had 2 decades of good luck with them.

/gives GM the finger.. and with a smile on my face as well.
Out of curiosity, what did GM say about the fuel pump failure?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Out of curiosity, what did GM say about the fuel pump failure?
Whats was happening is that once the fuel pump gets hot it doesn't give enough pressure to let the car run. So it will start and run fine when its cool, but as soon as the pump gets hot it just dies.. over and over and over and over .. threw a code for lean bank which comes back to not enough fuel from either the injectors or fuel pump as well as a million other things. But thats the most sensible reason. Service manager refused to pull the pump under warranty, because there was no direct code showing it was the pump. Its one of those mechanic things where they actually had to be "mechanics" and not just parts swappers and because a computer screen doesn't tell them whats wrong, they are smart enough to figure it out.

He refused to just "blindly" swap parts, but would gladly do it if i paid for it. I seriously laughed straight in his face. Like i NEED that retarded ass dealership to fix my car. car-part.com got me a "almost new" pump in 3 days for $75, car works fine now.

·
Administrator
15,754 Posts
Whats was happening is that once the fuel pump gets hot it doesn't give enough pressure to let the car run. So it will start and run fine when its cool, but as soon as the pump gets hot it just dies.. over and over and over and over .. threw a code for lean bank which comes back to not enough fuel from either the injectors or fuel pump as well as a million other things. But thats the most sensible reason. Service manager refused to pull the pump under warranty, because there was no direct code showing it was the pump. Its one of those mechanic things where they actually had to be "mechanics" and not just parts swappers and because a computer screen doesn't tell them whats wrong, they are smart enough to figure it out.

He refused to just "blindly" swap parts, but would gladly do it if i paid for it. I seriously laughed straight in his face. Like i NEED that retarded ass dealership to fix my car. car-part.com got me a "almost new" pump in 3 days for $75, car works fine now.
It never ceases to amaze me how many incompetent dealers there are out there. I would have called up GM and given them a piece of my mind like I have done for the last couple of issues I've had, but it's too late for that now I guess.

Good luck with the clutch sale.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
for what it cost to replace with a used pump, it wasn't worth my time. But just a FYI for all those cruze owners out there. Get ready to take it in the butt when the fuel filter gets dirty.. cause its integrated into the pump. New, your looking at $400. GMpartsdirect is in the 150'ish range plus shipping so probably the $200+ some change area. I picked mine up from a salvage yard in MI for $75. But that was the cheapest one listed.

Now i can tell you that the pump can be disassembled and the filter might be exchangable, from the looks of the pump. I just haven't tried. But i will if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I hate to add and not be interested, but coming from a 700whp Honda needing a twin disc, what mods necessitated a twin in this car?

Sent from my iPod touch using AG Free

1 - 8 of 8 Posts