Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Cobalt to Cruze Owner

3K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Merc6 
#1 ·
I just purchased my brand new Chevy Cruze '14 LT. Previously owned the Cobalt but was unfortunate to be affected by multiple recalls including the little talked about Power Steering issue. Went to my dealer looking for answers and left with my new Cruze. I would like to personalize my investment and take good care of it.

I have seem a few requests for vinyl Templates for various things. I will probably order a few vinyl cut outs and will try to remember to scam the blank sheet for anyone who wants it. I have access to large quantities of basic vinyl.

#4 ·
Welcome from Connecticut, similar situation with me, I had my Saturn Ion in for the ignition switch recall and wandering about on the lot and spied a 2014 silver Cruze LT and I had to have it.
i put some 18" wheels and tires from a LTZ on it and am very happy with it so far.
a lot of owners seem to like the vinyls and plastidip, I'm on the fence about them but keeping an open mind.

#6 ·
Welcome to CruzeTalk.

#7 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forums! What kind of vinyl do you have? I've been debating on if I want to finish the factory wood grain theme in my other car. If you already have vinyl no need for precut outs. All you need is a clean surface and a new blade to trace it out. My front autozone vinyl trace has lasted a whole year on the car.

I have also been debating on this.

Welcome from Connecticut, similar situation with me, I had my Saturn Ion in for the ignition switch recall and wandering about on the lot and spied a 2014 silver Cruze LT and I had to have it.
i put some 18" wheels and tires from a LTZ on it and am very happy with it so far.
a lot of owners seem to like the vinyls and plastidip, I'm on the fence about them but keeping an open mind.
You on the fence with lower grille dip, the entire car, or some interior pieces? Interior pieces only got dipped once the silver trim scratched up.

Sent from my iFail 5s

#8 ·
I do like the carbon fiber styling, especially on black. I am going to use carbon fiber overlays for bowties on the outside of the vehicle. I had to order that because I have access to just visit gloss colors. I think since my calipers are red, I would stick with black, Chrome and hints of red.

My first attempt at cutting vinyl didn't go so well. It seems that my vinyl is like thin fruit roll up and intricate designs didn't hold up so well through cutting. I did use a straight razor. Anyone have techniques?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.