Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, yesterday my check engine light came on, so I proceeded to scan vehicle. got an unusual code "E7B" on the scan reading. I am unable to identify this code. Ca anyone help me find out what this code means?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did some research and come up with that this $E7B code is not an actual error code, its a sub menu code that should direct to an actual code. also saw that it has something to do with the CAT and oxygen sensor? I need help here trying to figure out what this code with a dollar sign means

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
I tried to search anything regarding a Cruze with that specific "error code" and I came up with nothing. I suspect you may have to have the code read by AutoZone (or other auto parts stores) or by your dealership.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good morning all, so I imported to Nicaragua my 2011 Chevy Cruze 1.4LT. I was having issues with my coolant overheating causing consumption of Coolant. Mechanic said thermostat needed change, so I did change it. having same problem with new thermostat. Since Nicaragua is a hot weather country, mechanic decided to remove inside of thermostat so coolant would not overheat and be consumed. after 2 days of running I get the following message "AC turned off due to high engine temperature" funny thing is that there is no check engine light on, coolant level is high and car does not seem to be overheating!!! can someone help me find out what the problem is?

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
The thermostat acts as not only a temperature control but also a flow control.

Most water pumps can move about thirty gallons per minute. Your Cruze only holds about 6qts.......a gallon and a half.
The coolant is only in the radiator for two/three seconds and is not cooled.
As a result, your car (any water cooled engine) will overheat without a thermostat.

Thermostat removal was sometimes effective on pre-fifties cars that had low volume pumps and rather large radiators holding two to three gallons of coolant.

Reinstall the thermostat and find someone to properly diagnose the problem.

Rob

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Carlos,

Was that 7b or 76? 76 is a blind side monitoring error. I can't find anything for 7b. I'm working on the assumption that the "e" stands for "error".

Also, Robby is correct, reinstall the thermostat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Rob, I Appreciate the feedback .
I am worried as the motor is not overheating and neither am I getting a check engine light indicator. I am baffled as the temperature needle indicator went completely to cold while I was driving to work today, and never indicated over heating. also, there is very little coolant consumption. this car has been a very bad choice. I am getting tired of dealing with problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts