Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife had a P026C code pop up today on her way back from lunch. Fuel injection quantity lower than expected. Dropped it off at the dealer and received a loaner. They are going to look at it tomorrow and let me know. Did a quick search and didn't find anything on here so wanted to get a thread going.

History on the car has been in for the P0133 code 3 times twice they replaced the sensor once they cleaned it.
The code escapes me but was at the same time as the P0133 but was for full dpf. Started car then car gave the dpf full message continue driving then 4 seconds later went to the reduced power message. They cleaned the nox sensor and did a manual regen as well as reset fuel trim and did a software update. Been a while ago don't remember the exact date. Can look if needed.
No code as it went away before I could check but got the Exhaust fluid system service required and the 99 miles till reduced speed message came up. Cleared itself after 10 or so miles.
35,000 miles had radiator replaced as it was leaking where the transmission cooler lines hook into it.

Car has 39,000 miles build date July 2014.

Will update thread as info come in.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
P026C - That's one I've not ever seen on the forum before. Please keep us posted and good luck.

Reactions: MP81

·
Registered
355 Posts
According to the documents, this looks like an easy one. As long as there are no leaks in the intake or exhaust, you are supposed to check the injectors base flow with the laptop. If they are flowing correctly, you just replace the Oxygen sensor. If not, you replace the injector at fault. The car is using the oxygen sensor to calculate corrections to the injector flow rate depending on variations in the fuel system. Your car is detecting that the sensor is requesting a correction outside of the calibrated thresholds. With the history of issues with oxygen sensors on our cars, thats my vote.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like you are correct Dan.

Dealer replaced the following parts.
12662658 Nox sensor.
12644786 02 sensor.
23287054 Duct. Looks to be the air intake tube.

Tac case was opened as well as reprogrammed the ECM and reset fuel trim. All covered under warranty. :eusa_clap:

Props to Speedway Chevrolet in Monroe Wa. Dropped the car off Thursday Evening with no notice. Put the wife in a loaner car that night and completed the repairs Quickly. Got the car back Saturday morning.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Looks like you are correct Dan.

Dealer replaced the following parts.
12662658 Nox sensor.
12644786 02 sensor.
23287054 Duct. Looks to be the air intake tube.

Tac case was opened as well as reprogrammed the ECM and reset fuel trim. All covered under warranty. :eusa_clap:

Props to Speedway Chevrolet in Monroe Wa. Dropped the car off Thursday Evening with no notice. Put the wife in a loaner car that night and completed the repairs Quickly. Got the car back Saturday morning.
Excellent result! Thanks for the update!

Do you have any more info on why they replaced the air intake tube? This could shed some light on problems others have been having, possibly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can only guess that perhaps that was a source of an intake leak. I have checked the clamps on it multiple times and all seamed ok. Time will tell but wondering if this repair will have some effects on the regen frequency. Car currently has 162 regens and only 39,000 miles. Commute is not ideal but we will see. As of late it has been every other or every third day going into regen on her 40 mile a day commute. Car just is not the same when in regen or pre regen. Surges, is not as responsive and well mileage suffers greatly.
So far for the few days we have had it back it looks a little better got it back with 8 grams and it is sitting at 14 grams 160 miles later.

·
Registered
355 Posts
You got good service there. You should be good for quite a while fingers crossed. Looks like they traced every possible cause. I can't imagine why they replaced the NOx (unless they figured it would be soot covered due to the intake leak), but its a good thing for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts