Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I have a 2012 Cruze 1.4l turbo with 51k miles. This morning when I turned it on, I got the check engine light on. On my way to work I didn't notice anything different on acceleration, idle or anything. So I stopped at a local parts store to check the code and they gave me code P0299, but their system didn't show anything for this code. I did some research and it seems its something have to do with underboost. THe weird thing is that I do not feel any lack of power at any moment, at acceleration, while driving on the highway, nothing, everything seems normal. Could it be a sensor or something else causing this code other than "underboost"

THanks,

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,421 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that same day in the afternoon, the light went out by itself, weird... like I mentioned, there were no symptoms on the car of any kind to make it seem there was something wrong. I will keep an eye if the same code pops up in the future.

Thanks again,

Potential causes of a P0299 turbo underboost code include:

Intake (induction) air restriction or leak
Failed or damaged turbocharger (sticking, binding, etc.)
Faulty boost/charge pressure sensor

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/p0299

GM 1.4L Turbo Boost & Coolant Leak Testing Kits

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,421 Posts
More than likely, it will be back.

Thanks, that same day in the afternoon, the light went out by itself, weird... like I mentioned, there were no symptoms on the car of any kind to make it seem there was something wrong. I will keep an eye if the same code pops up in the future.

Thanks again,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts