Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Just another update... I have had the code steadily since my last update here at 110k miles. Now I am at 125k miles and it went away again.

There was a deal on "3M complete fuel system cleaner" and I have never put anything in my tank since I bought it brand new so I figured it couldn't hurt anything to run something in there so I got it. Its normally really expensive but apparently worth it since my CEL went away after running it for 3/4 of a tank. No other changes besides running this in my gas tank, I filled up at the same gas station as I always do with the same grade of fuel and same commute and everything.

I'll update this thread again if or when the light comes back on.
I use the Chevron with techron stuff or seafoam in the gas tank. Haven't had any issues or that specific check engine light... this car is actually quite weird as I had boost/vacuum leaks with the intake manifold gasket, throttle body gasket and valve cover gasket and had surges at idle but never a check engine light on this dang car.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,845 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just another update... I have had the code steadily since my last update here at 110k miles. Now I am at 125k miles and it went away again.

There was a deal on "3M complete fuel system cleaner" and I have never put anything in my tank since I bought it brand new so I figured it couldn't hurt anything to run something in there so I got it. Its normally really expensive but apparently worth it since my CEL went away after running it for 3/4 of a tank. No other changes besides running this in my gas tank, I filled up at the same gas station as I always do with the same grade of fuel and same commute and everything.

Hi, Rich. i have the same code and 2 extra codes: P0171 & P013A. So i'd like to know if the last action worked. the mechanic saidme it could be the fuel pump but I don't know how true it could be (based on the readings he saw on the scanner).
regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks like the last time I posted something was back in May. After the refurbished catalytic convertor didn't work, the auto shop looked around to see if they could find a solution. The only they found was to replace the convertor with a GM convertor. I said to go ahead and found out it was on back order so I had to wait a few weeks. Came into the shop right before the GM strike and they put it on. That was back in September, and I'm happy to say the light has not come back on (though I hold my breath every time I start the car and was afraid to post here in case it jinxs it).

I think this is a problem GM caused and only they know how to fix it.

·
Registered
6 Posts

WOW "3M complete fuel system cleaner" ! Did it work for a long time? I still have my engine light on... LOL

21 - 25 of 25 Posts