Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Less than a week ago I had to have my check valve gasket replaced after my car had been leaking oil around the check valve cover for a few weeks. A couple days later I realized it was still leaking (alot less) but this time it was coming from the oil filler cap.. I figured it'd be an easy replacement so I went to the dealership to by the upgraded oil filler cap for my 2012 Cruze 1.4l Turbo. Unfortunately immediately after replacing the oil filler cap with the new upgraded one my check engine light came on, autozone coded it P0597(open thermostat circuit).....it was completely fine before I put GMs new recommended 25192632 oil cap on....has anyone else experienced this? Could the code just be an error?? Like I said the check engine light never was on until I replaced the oil cap

·
Registered
803 Posts
Less than a week ago I had to have my check valve gasket replaced after my car had been leaking oil around the check valve cover for a few weeks. A couple days later I realized it was still leaking (alot less) but this time it was coming from the oil filler cap.. I figured it'd be an easy replacement so I went to the dealership to by the upgraded oil filler cap for my 2012 Cruze 1.4l Turbo. Unfortunately immediately after replacing the oil filler cap with the new upgraded one my check engine light came on, autozone coded it P0597(open thermostat circuit).....it was completely fine before I put GMs new recommended 25192632 oil cap on....has anyone else experienced this? Could the code just be an error?? Like I said the check engine light never was on until I replaced the oil cap
Did you put the old cap back on? That trouble code does not seem related to the proceedure you describe. If you paid a shop to fix the oil leak, and it's still leaking, take it back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you put the old cap back on? That trouble code does not seem related to the proceedure you describe. If you paid a shop to fix the oil leak, and it's still leaking, take it back.
I put the old cap back on but it did not make a difference....the car was fine once I left the shop but the light came on simply after I put the new cap on

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,765 Posts
Is the thermostat unplugged? It’s somewhat near the oil cap you could say, they may have unplugged it for some unknown reason.

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
The oil cap itself has nothing to do with that trouble code.

There's a small possibility the thermostat wiring or connector was damaged during the valve cover replacement, but the most likely scenario is none of these are related and you just have thermostat system failure

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The oil cap itself has nothing to do with that trouble code.

There's a small possibility the thermostat wiring or connector was damaged during the valve cover replacement, but the most likely scenario is none of these are related and you just have thermostat system failure
It was covered in oil from the leak, so it maybe that or damaged during the value cover replacement...but my car is not over/under heating the temperature gauge is at its normal level

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,765 Posts
It was covered in oil from the leak, so it maybe that or damaged during the value cover replacement...but my car is not over/under heating the temperature gauge is at its normal level
Blast the sensor outlet and wiring with brake cleaner and let it dry. I bet you’re on to something here.

Reactions: Fixednut17
1 - 8 of 8 Posts