Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Code Po606 - manual desiel cruze power loss, stalling esc & Tc control warning light

3054 9
Code Po606 - manual desiel cruze power loss, stalling esc & Tc control warning light

Edit: Resolved at this stage, see last comment for info. Hopefully it holds up.

Hey

My JG cruze 2.0 desiel started having an issue about a year ago.
The main symptom is generally with accelation the power drops dramatically almost jerking the car followed by esc and traction control lights going on, at times the check engine light will go on also.

Typically, i'd be driving along then accelerate to overtake or just pull away from a traffic light when the power drops out and I cannot accelerate adequately again until I restart/clear the codes.

Every now and then the engine will stall completely after this happens. Usually I can clear the issue by restarting.restarting the car a few times. This happens almost every time I accelerate aggressively now.

I've taken the car to the dealer several times each time they cannot find a fault, on one occasion they charged an outrageous amount for "gluing a wire" which did not resolve the problem.

I've scanned it with an obd app and the only code I get is P0606.

Has anyone had any issues like this and have any ideas where I cN begin to troubleshoot?

Thanks.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
2,447 Posts
I'm pretty sure P0606 is just a general 'something is wrong' code. Least for the North American Cruze.

Let me just ask some basic info. What year? Have you tuned it? When did you buy it? etc..

· Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Problem with that code though, is it doesn't really tell you anything. I'm not really sure how the Holden Cruze works, but the American Cruze's ECM directly drives the injectors, so it would make sense for it to fail when the ECM is under load.

Sooo I would try.
1. Checking the wiring harness on the ECM.
2. Get a fresh firmware flash from the dealer.
3. Get a whole new ECM and wiring harness.

The ECM is just plug and play, but replacing the harness is not fun.

And if you can, monitor the ECM Voltage with a scanner or something. May reveal something interesting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.