Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2011 cruze eco that i am loosing my mind with. I have 199300 on the odometer. back in December , i had the CEL come on for what i thought was the valve cover issue. After limping the car back to the dc area from Philly, i took it to the dealership for diagnoses. i was told that the Intake Manifold had failed.
i have replaced the intake manifold, valve cover both O2 sensors, turbo, coolant lines, oil lines, vac hoses that go from the intake manifold to the turbo.
Thus far i have dump close to 2 grand in to the car trying to get it running proper again. Has anyone else experienced these issues. i am ready to put this into a tree.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,216 Posts
I might try cleaning the MAF and MAP sensors. Check all turbo charge pipes at their clamps for a loose one. Beyond that, perhaps a smoke test for a boost or vac leak is in order.

Is it running badly at idle like there actually was a vacuum leak or just putting itself in limp mode?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it idles good and seems to be running ok, but the gas mileage sucks. im averaging around 250-270 per tank. ill clean the maf and map sensors and see what happens.

the CEL is not popping up, but i am seeing PENDING codes P0296 and P0171 constantly and p1133 comes up randomly. nothing is confirmed or stored, just pending.

the dealership had told me when i had called yesterday evening that it may be some seloniod or vac line that is near the fuel tank

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sensors are out and cleaned, i did notice that the upstream O2 sensor was not seated properly due to damaged threads, do you think that, this could be what is throwing the codes??

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
sensors are out and cleaned, i did notice that the upstream O2 sensor was not seated properly due to damaged threads, do you think that, this could be what is throwing the codes??
Especially if the O2 has to use it's threads to ground itself to complete a circuit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts